• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Made unemployed by an agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superhans View Post
    Yes I keep forgetting the director part, the warchest is in place, I shouldn't be dipping into it that's all. Although this is a lesson learnt, no more contracts taken until PO confirmed as in place.
    But how are you going to know this? All you see is the contract with the agency. They're not going to tell you its not signed off at client end.

I've had a gig cancelled at 3pm on a friday before a monday start. Happens I'm afraid.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by man View Post
      Had exactly the same (P/O not signed at the last minute, contract withdrawn) earlier this year. If you've signed the contract and are an IPSE+ member the business interruption insurance will give you £1K.

It is infuriating (similarly I'd turned down other offers) but nothing to be done. I've got a task on my to do list to look for a greater level of business interruption cover...
      IPSE will give you notice period up to £1000. In my case, one day notice so I got one days payment is all.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        IPSE will give you notice period up to £1000. In my case, one day notice so I got one days payment is all.
        Still, 20 quid will pay for your weekend's cider.

Comment

The purchase order is issued once the agency has agreed a rate with the contractor. Before a rate has been agreed you can't raise a purchase order. The contract will be sent to the contractor once the purchase order has been signed off. There's no point in worrying about the purchase order, what matters is the contract signed by the agency.

The document that you need is the written contract with a signature, that is the point you are sure you have the contract. An agency is not going to sign a contract without a purchase order from the client.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
          X