• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

West Manc to Chester Commute?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Manc to Chester Commute?

Any of you fine fellows done this M56 commute lately?

Google Maps is telling me 45mins to 1h there and 50mins to 1hr20 back on the 36mile trip 8-4.

Never driven it before, any real life experience of how true this actually is?

Originally posted by l35kee View Post
    Google Maps is telling me 45mins to 1h there and 50mins to 1hr20 back on the 36mile trip 8-4.
    Funnily enough I drove from Manc airport anticlockwise to join the M60 at Simister Island and it took me way longer than that. Nose to tail the entire way.

Did your google maps show any accidents or roadworks? So the numbers are best case or does it account for the near 100% fact there will be some delay?

Funny as I only said to my other half in the car yesterday that I'd never do this as a commute every day.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Annnnd I just realised I wrote East rather than West Manchester...

Those times are going through Lymm then joining the M56 at junction 9 which seems to skip some of the worst of m56/m60.. but only according to Gmaps and I have a lack of trust over that lol.

Yeah I meant West (Trafford), I'll blame it on Friday.

Comment

Ahh well your numbers don't seem far off what I would have thought then. More options of non motorway routes to avoid the inevitable delays as well.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I do Leeds to Altrincham, and the M60 around Stockport is a right PITA, but still seems to be quicker than going all the way round clockwise.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Annnnd I just realised I wrote East rather than West Manchester...

Are you sure
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I do Leeds to Altrincham, and the M60 around Stockport is a right PITA, but still seems to be quicker than going all the way round clockwise.
              I'd be avoiding the m60 completely, I'm honestly afraid of a manc to Leeds commute lol.

Comment

I'd be avoiding the m60 completely, I'm honestly afraid of a manc to Leeds commute lol.
                It does look a hell of a lot worse going Manc > Leeds, than it does Leeds > Manc first thing in the morning
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  It does look a hell of a lot worse going Manc > Leeds, than it does Leeds > Manc first thing in the morning
                  it is. By about 30-45 minutes. Each way.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

MBNA? Used to do most of that journey daily except down the M6 and M56 to Chester. Most mornings the M56 was slow, 50 ish from the Runcorn turn off to the M53 interchange.

Coming home was a real PITA. From the M53 junction all the way to Lymm was nose to tail slow with standing traffic. You could expect at least 1 accident every 2 weeks on the M56 between the M53 junction to Runcorn and that could easily add an hour to your journey time.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X