• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jersey Accommodation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jersey Accommodation

Hi guys, got a gig in Jersey...
    I always use Airbnb and Spareroom for temp accomodation but in Jersey there is literally nothing...
    If you ever been in Jersey...

can you please tell me where to get cheap accomodation(less than 30 pounds/day) or anywebsite?

Any special hint for Jersey?

Originally posted by bul View Post
    I always use Airbnb and Spareroom for temp accomodation but in Jersey there is literally nothing...

can you please tell me where to get cheap accomodation(less than 30 pounds/day) or anywebsite?

France or campsite.

Comment

You could find a holiday property that won't make a bean out of season and offer them a very low figure, cash up front for a property that would normally be empty... but it's not off season yet so probably won't help.

Could still try block book a holiday let and pay less than going price for guaranteed income?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bul View Post

Hmmm.

Perhaps it would have been wiser to understand the costs before you signed a contract.

Find a B&B and do a deal for medium term stay. It’ll be more than you have budgeted.
        To be honest though, £30 a day is tight for anywhere in the UK.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Hmmm.

Perhaps it would have been wiser to understand the costs before you signed a contract.

Find a B&B and do a deal for medium term stay. It’ll be more than you have budgeted.
          To be honest though, £30 a day is tight for anywhere in the UK.
          Except Halifax. You can buy a semi detached there for £30.

As you say though, OP should have researched that before even interviewing for a gig, there, never mind accepting one.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Premier Inn for 50 quid?

Comment

Stayed at L'etacquerel in l'Etacq when I was on a 3 monther about 10 years ago. A little way out from St Helier but hired myself a mini moke to get around. It was summer, after all... Word of warning though, it is/was run by a man who would give Ollie Reed a run for his money and I got involved in more than a couple of sessions that I regretted...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                Stayed at L'etacquerel in l'Etacq when I was on a 3 monther about 10 years ago. A little way out from St Helier but hired myself a mini moke to get around. It was summer, after all... Word of warning though, it is/was run by a man who would give Ollie Reed a run for his money and I got involved in more than a couple of sessions that I regretted...
                Cool story bro.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Inneresting story bro.
                  FTFY

Comment

Rozel Campsite Bring your Own Tent, Motorhomes & Caravans

£24 for a pitch, then £16-17 per night, if you bring your own tent and want electricity.

Jersey doesn't do cheap accommodation.
                    You didn't say where in Jersey, but maybe take a look at Booking.com to get an idea of how much it will cost per night. If your contract is low season, you might find some of the hotels will do you a deal on a block booking.

It's one of those things I'd have researched before agreeing to the contract.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X