• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jersey Accommodation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also you'll find it hard to rent a property there without the residential qualifications that are moreorless impossible to get.

Housing rights and residential statuses

Guernsey has similar rules to the crapauds though there are no restrictions in Alderney.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      Also you'll find it hard to rent a property there without the residential qualifications that are moreorless impossible to get.

Housing rights and residential statuses

Guernsey has similar rules to the crapauds though there are no restrictions in Alderney.
      Inneresting.

Comment

Originally posted by bul View Post
        Hi guys, got a gig in Jersey...
        I always use Airbnb and Spareroom for temp accomodation but in Jersey there is literally nothing...
        If you ever been in Jersey...

can you please tell me where to get cheap accomodation(less than 30 pounds/day) or anywebsite?

Any special hint for Jersey?
        Jersey rental market is "interesting" or "original". You "can't" rent any property if you don't have resident status (qualification).
        However there are couple agencies in St. Heller, where you can find/rent "non-qual" property. Most of them are gone same day, so you have to be quick.

Comment

Who is the client co? I'm in Jersey now so welcome fella.

I'll be at the Royal Yacht later for a few jars.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
            Who is the client co? I'm in Jersey now so welcome fella.

I'll be at the Royal Yacht later for a few jars.

Sounds like a valid reason to purchase that Company Yacht.

Comment

Like others have advised, Jersey is expensive for on the go accommodation.
              B&B's or hotels are eye-wateringly expensive during summer season, let alone battle of the flowers' week....

Look Here > https://www.jtinsight.com/JTIRA/JTIR...s/_/50/_/_/_/0
              Or Here > Property for sale in Jersey - Homes and flats to buy or rent in Jersey

Rentals can be had, on a non-qualified basis. Just need to filter through on either site.

I managed to get a room ( couple of years ago ) with a balcony, facing St Aubin bay right on the beach front, for a 6 month gig.
              Shared bathroom and kitchen with 2 others, very clean place.

10 minute cycle ride out of St Helier £550 per month all in ( bills & t'internet ).

Anything below £500 per month will be a sh!thole in Le Mare area.........
              The further out of Helier, the cheaper the accom.

Travelling around is easy on the bus, or get a bike. Cycling around the island you get to see it up close !
              Trainee Techno Pikey

Comment

When I moved here I was paying £2200 a month for a small 3 bed.

It was a landing pad while we looked for a house to buy.

Bought now and happily settled in to Island life.

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
                  When I moved here I was paying £2200 a month for a small 3 bed.

It was a landing pad while we looked for a house to buy.

Bought now and happily settled in to Island life.

How did you get your qualifications? Or did you buy on the open market?

Or are you John Nettles?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                    How did you get your qualifications? Or did you buy on the open market?

Or are you John Nettles?
                    Wife is from Jersey.

There are two housing markets here, The public one and the under counter one after getting to know a few agents.

Comment

Working...
                    X