• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does it matter who says the company name first?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
    Irritatingly being fussy often results in your CV going in the bin.

I've been given some ridiculous contracts over the years, and the number of times I've heard the line "But all the other contractors signed it" is enough to make me weep for these morons.

At one such wine & dine event the pimp brought up how problematic I was about signing it, and trotted out that line, to which another contractor went "Yup I just sign anything really".

Hard to be professional in an industry full of morons that will sign their children away if the contract they don't read says it.

So rocking the boat adding ultimatums to representation is just a red flag to recruiters that you're not just going to roll over for everything they make you do and you'll not hear back.
    There are a large number of contractors who treat contracting as "just a job", and that's where this attitude comes from I think.

They have had lots of contracts that just proceed and conclude normally with no issues.

And then eventually something goes wrong, and they start posting on here about it ("client won't pay notice", "they haven't given me a reason for termination" etc)

This happens all the time.

And then a regular on here will be blunt about the situation (as the situation is so common, and people coming on to moan about these situations are so common), and then the moaner will moan about the bluntness

Rinse-repeat til the end of time.

Comment

Working...
    X