• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice period by contractor not well respected

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avatcuk View Post
    Why some businesses just could not stand the departure of contractor with notice and be biased??
    It's really very simple. If you can't construct basic English sentences then clients don't want you.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      It's really very simple. If you can't construct basic English sentences then clients don't want you.
      That's a bit harsh. It's more of a tried but failed attempt to write the post in the third person, probably due to English not being their first language.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        That's a bit harsh. It's more of a tried but failed attempt to write the post in the third person, probably due to English not being their first language.
        It is also a very bad example from a Mod in a professional forum.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Ahh... here we go. Something he's already discussed with us. I guess he's just having a rant on the whole thing he's just gone through.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...t=#post2647322
          The OP never replied to that thread either.

Comment

I think what you're saying is that it's unfair that contractors have to give notice per the contract and clients don't?
            No I think hes saying when clients give notice its considered OK and part of the game. When contractors give notice its frowned upon.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              It is also a very bad example from a Mod in a professional forum.
              Normally you'd be right, but given that he posted here quite coherently, and is now banging about the same issue, I'd suggest it's not inappropriate.

I could have moved it to General...
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Normally you'd be right, but given that he posted here quite coherently, and is now banging about the same issue, I'd suggest it's not inappropriate.
                What would you know? MF would do a better job.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  No I think hes saying when clients give notice its considered OK and part of the game. When contractors give notice its frowned upon.
                  It's just perception...

When company gives notice they aren't bothered at all as it is their decision. You on the other hand are a bit p'd off at having to find another gig

Reverse it, you are happy to be leaving as it's your choice but your client are now p'd off at having to replace you

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
                    It's just perception...

When company gives notice they aren't bothered at all as it is their decision. You on the other hand are a bit p'd off at having to find another gig

Reverse it, you are happy to be leaving as it's your choice but your client are now p'd off at having to replace you
                    To me it's when the client gives notice to change the contract terms that annoys me. Mid contract rate reductions and a take it or leave it notice. While they think that is professional, they moan about contractors who jump ship to get a better rate.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X