• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotdesking for one day in London recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about! I was going OT re Glasgow, not suggesting it as a solution for working in London.

There's a wework in Paddington. IPSE hosted the launch of their new magazine there. Nice place.
    I was just highlighting that your recommendation about a Glasgow office might just be quicker to get to then schlepping all the way to Dalston (for a different person's recommendation)

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
      I was just highlighting that your recommendation about a Glasgow office might just be quicker to get to then schlepping all the way to Dalston (for a different person's recommendation)
      Ah comprende. It's becoming more and more evident that today is a two coffee morning...

Comment

Thought I'd update!

I signed up to WeWork online using their monthly subscription. The monthly cost gives you credits, which are equivalent to a desk for a day at one of their locations. You can use a voucher to save a few percent off that, too.

So I did that, booked a desk and now I'm here I've just cancelled the subscription with absolutely no drama online. So a little faffier than it could be, but it seems to do the trick.

Can absolutely recommend them though - think it's £30, and that includes free tea and coffee (proper coffee too). Desks are fine, chairs are a bit tulip but for one day it'll do and they're comfy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          Thought I'd update!

I signed up to WeWork online using their monthly subscription. The monthly cost gives you credits, which are equivalent to a desk for a day at one of their locations. You can use a voucher to save a few percent off that, too.

So I did that, booked a desk and now I'm here I've just cancelled the subscription with absolutely no drama online. So a little faffier than it could be, but it seems to do the trick.

Can absolutely recommend them though - think it's £30, and that includes free tea and coffee (proper coffee too). Desks are fine, chairs are a bit tulip but for one day it'll do and they're comfy enough.
          Did you drink 30 quids' worth of coffee and stick a bog roll in your rucksack?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Did you drink 30 quids' worth of coffee and stick a bog roll in your rucksack?
            You so classy!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              You so classy!
              If there's a profit to be made.

Just to note, I was referring to unused bog roll, ideally entire rolls.

Comment

Working...
              X