• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotdesking for one day in London recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't IPSE membership get a discount at wework?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Doesn't IPSE membership get a discount at wework?
      I did have a quick look but couldn't see anything - i remember neardesk from before. But I found a 20 percent off code anyway.

Comment

WeWork | IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          No good for an ad hoc day visit, you have to take out a subscription.

When I'm Glasgow, I find Clockwise to be good. Short walk to Queen Street and Central stations. £10 +VAT a day! It was £20 +VAT when I first used them which was plenty reasonable. You need to register but otherwise no upfront fees. Absolutely no use to anyone wanting to hot desk in London

Comment

This is worth keeping an eye on for future reference

D&D London restaurants to turn spare seats into co-working space – Business Traveller

Introducing London's newest Co-Working space: The Work Room - D&D London
            Last edited by ladymuck; 13 June 2019, 10:16.

Comment

Dammit. I thought this was about Dungeon and Dragons themed restaurants where there was always a raid going to drop in on. <puts lead figures back in the cupboard.>

Comment

Ooh, neat idea!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  Ooh, neat idea!
                  The app is only on Apple at the moment but if you put your name on their mailing list, you get an email back from Dominika with an intro code. She will check availability and book you in while they sort out the Android app.

I emailed them this morning about it as I'm always grumpy about places that will choose one platform over another for their initial release!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    No good for an ad hoc day visit, you have to take out a subscription.

When I'm Glasgow, I find Clockwise to be good. Short walk to Queen Street and Central stations. £10 +VAT a day! It was £20 +VAT when I first used them which was plenty reasonable. You need to register but otherwise no upfront fees. Absolutely no use to anyone wanting to hot desk in London
                    Having seen where "in London" the wework pop-up is the option to work in Glasgow for £10 a day would only mean a few more minutes travelling.

Honestly calling Dalston a London office is like calling Stansted a London airport.

If you really want to work that far from town you can always get a cheap regus out in Watford - probably quicker to get to

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
                      Having seen where "in London" the wework pop-up is the option to work in Glasgow for £10 a day would only mean a few more minutes travelling.

Honestly calling Dalston a London office is like calling Stansted a London airport.

If you really want to work that far from town you can always get a cheap regus out in Watford - probably quicker to get to
                      I have no idea what you're talking about! I was going OT re Glasgow, not suggesting it as a solution for working in London.

There's a wework in Paddington. IPSE hosted the launch of their new magazine there. Nice place.

Comment

Working...
                      X