• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract in the Netherlands (The Hague)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the agency have been flexible and changed the terms of my contract. So now I will be working 90-95% in the UK and the remainder maybe a few times a month I would travel to the Netherlands office.

I will be paid in Euros from a Dutch agency - should I be charging VAT as I am VAT registered in the UK.

Day rate is still 563 Euros. Would this arrangement of working 90% in UK makes things alot easier and would their be any changes to my usual invoicing procedure?

Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ChristyP View Post
      So the agency have been flexible and changed the terms of my contract. So now I will be working 90-95% in the UK and the remainder maybe a few times a month I would travel to the Netherlands office.

I will be paid in Euros from a Dutch agency - should I be charging VAT as I am VAT registered in the UK.

Day rate is still 563 Euros. Would this arrangement of working 90% in UK makes things alot easier and would their be any changes to my usual invoicing procedure?

Many thanks!
      And they are going to pay you gross ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        And they are going to pay you gross ?

They are paying 563 Euros not including any tax.

Comment

They are paying 563 Euros not including any tax.
          Say again ??

They are paying you 563 Euro per day into your limited company bank account without withholding any tax ?

No they won’t - they might tell you this now

Ask to get paid weekly so you can get confirmation after a week and not a sob story in 6 weeks time

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Say again ??

They are paying you 563 Euro per day into your limited company bank account without withholding any tax ?

No they won’t - they might tell you this now

Ask to get paid weekly so you can get confirmation after a week and not a sob story in 6 weeks time

Please do advise further - what would my actual take home pay be then? They have allowed me to use my limited company in the UK as majority about 95% will be spent working in the UK. It is the dutch agency who are paying me though. What is the likely payment after they take off tax?

Many thanks

Comment

Please do advise further - what would my actual take home pay be then? They have allowed me to use my limited company in the UK as majority about 95% will be spent working in the UK. It is the dutch agency who are paying me though. What is the likely payment after they take off tax?

Many thanks
              you could ask the agency for an exact number or some random people on the internet

Comment

Working in the Netherlands with your UK limited Company!

I read this thread and found all the comments very interesting and just wondered if anyone has spoken to a Dutch corporate Immigration Lawyer. If they had spoken to a Dutch corporate Immigration layer they would have found out that cross-border services allow UK limited companies to send its employees to work in the Netherlands without the requirement for work permits, visas, and any additional tax burdens.

This applies to non-eu passport holders who also live and work in the UK for the UK company. This vehicle was put in place by the European cour of justice after the 1996 Vander Elst ruling, now termed cross-border services.

I have worked in Holland for several companies based on cross-border services with my UK limited company sending my employees including myself to work the contracts.

If you have a UK limited company why would you need to use any other form of employment to work with other EU member state companies?

I would suggest seeking professional legal advice on these matters because you could get yourselves in a world of trouble listening to pub gossip.

Cloudy

Hi all,

Looking for some advice - I usually work in the UK but I have been offered a contract in the Hague - The Netherlands from a Dutch agency. My usual rates in London are between 450-400.

I have been offered €563 Euros a day (€70.60 per day) for 3 to 6 months in the Hague, but they mentioned that I need to work through a payroll construction as they pay hourly and not daily. They are not covering my expenses. They have agreed that I can work half the week in London and half in The Netherlands.

My question is, how will this affect my limited company in the UK, would it sit as 'not trading' during my period working in the Netherlands? Would I have to pay any UK taxes at all as half my time I will be in the Netherlands and half in UK.

Would the payroll construction company take into account all of my taxes and expenses? I will be working 2 days in the Hague and 3 in London so I will be travelling from London to the Hague once a week and also 2 days accommodation there also.

One of my concerns is what my actual take home pay will be working in the Netherlands and using a 'payroll construction' Is there an umbrella company or tax calculator you can recommend?

Many thank in advance.

Comment

Working...
                X