• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Subcontracting to India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subcontracting to India

Hi all,

I have a contract to develop a piece of software at a fixed price, i want to subcontract this out to India.
    What is the best way to do this and what sort of daily rates should I pay them (I hear $9 per day is a good rate)
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

If you can find someone good and reliable, then you'll be quids in. Otherwise, forget it. You'll end up just micromanaging, and you might as well have done the job yourself.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      If you can find someone good and reliable, then you'll be quids in. Otherwise, forget it. You'll end up just micromanaging, and you might as well have done the job yourself.
      As a complete newbie in this , what's the best way to start finding reliable developers?

Comment

I know some one who will do it for $9 per day. My introduction fee is a flat rate of $450 per dev day.

HTH.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

With much cheapness comes plenty crapness.

Comment

You can hire here:

Freelancers - Upwork

You can give someone a small piece of work and see how they get on.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
              As a complete newbie in this , what's the best way to start finding reliable developers?
              If you have to ask that question, then I suggest you go straight to:

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              ... forget it...
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
                Hi all,

I have a contract to develop a piece of software at a fixed price, i want to subcontract this out to India.
                What is the best way to do this and what sort of daily rates should I pay them (I hear $9 per day is a good rate)
                Personally, I'd be looking to Eastern Europe.

The average developer quality is better, the timezone more favourable and the work-ethic and initiative good.

$9 per day? Mmmmmm, you wont be finding many developers ( Indian or otherwise ) working for that rate.

Have you ever developed a piece of software before?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  Personally, I'd be looking to Eastern Europe.

The average developer quality is better, the timezone more favourable and the work-ethic and initiative good.

$9 per day? Mmmmmm, you wont be finding many developers ( Indian or otherwise ) working for that rate.

Have you ever developed a piece of software before?
                  I have a developer working in Ukraine for me, but even there it's getting quite expensive

Comment

Maybe your business model is the problem then?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X