• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expanding scope and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expanding scope and IR35

I'm currently contracting direct to client (no agency) on a project that has a couple of months left to run. The client has asked me to pick up another project after that, which would extend the contract by 6 months and will have a new SOW. However while working on the 1st project I need to attend some meetings and receive handover for the 2nd project. How do I avoid this looking like SDC? Simply ask them to expand the SOW for project 1 to cover the additional tasks?

To be clear, I can accept or reject the 2nd project - there's no element of control.

cheers!

Originally posted by mosaic View Post
    I'm currently contracting direct to client (no agency) on a project that has a couple of months left to run. The client has asked me to pick up another project after that, which would extend the contract by 6 months and will have a new SOW. However while working on the 1st project I need to attend some meetings and receive handover for the 2nd project. How do I avoid this looking like SDC? Simply ask them to expand the SOW for project 1 to cover the additional tasks?

To be clear, I can accept or reject the 2nd project - there's no element of control.

cheers!

New Statement of work should be suffice. I would list this as a separate project.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Don't let the tax tail wag the business dog. You are overthinking this.

Firstly who on earth is going to find out you've attended a few meetings? Also as a business there is nothing wrong with attending meetings to agree scope of work and the like, call them sales meetings or loss leaders. Either way, a few meeting won't be a problem. Don't mess about with your business just for some very minor IR35 flags IMO.

Comment

Thanks for feedback.

Yes, perhaps I'm overthinking it. Just trying to keep things clean and tidy.

Comment

Originally posted by mosaic View Post
          Thanks for feedback.

Yes, perhaps I'm overthinking it. Just trying to keep things clean and tidy.
          Cool. You did get your contract reviewed at the beginning of the gig just to be covered didn't you?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Cool. You did get your contract reviewed at the beginning of the gig just to be covered didn't you?
            Yes I did. If I've learned one thing from reading this forum...

Comment

Working...
            X