• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All Abbeywood MOD Contracts inside IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Abbeywood MOD Contracts inside IR35?

Was working at Abbeywood last year on an outside IR35 contract with a deliverable based project schedule and favourable working practices.

Just been offered another role there with same agency. Was expecting same set up but have been told they've now declared all contractors inside IR35 as of Jan/Feb this year. Lower rate too so I've pulled out.

Anyone else at the MOD? Don't know if this is actually true, if it's something decided just within the Abbeywood site or whether it's a blanket approach across the whole MOD?

Would that not be a good question to pose to the agent, along with a request for the details of the determination?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      Was working at Abbeywood last year on an outside IR35 contract with a deliverable based project schedule and favourable working practices.

Just been offered another role there with same agency. Was expecting same set up but have been told they've now declared all contractors inside IR35 as of Jan/Feb this year. Lower rate too so I've pulled out.

Anyone else at the MOD? Don't know if this is actually true, if it's something decided just within the Abbeywood site or whether it's a blanket approach across the whole MOD?
      if its true, since they depend on people living away from home during the week, and getting tax relief on the accommodation, they are going to struggle, as there are simply not enough people with the right skills living locally. more likely people would morph to working for one of the consultancies and be outside of IR35 that way.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Would that not be a good question to pose to the agent, along with a request for the details of the determination?
        I already did & he said they've put everyone inside.

But how close what the agent says is to reality is anyone's guess. Hence the question.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I will let you off this one time NL, on the basis of your past, quality posting history.

Only this one time mind otherwise I will be confiscating your afternoon rich tea bikkies.

Comment

Working...
          X