• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HELP! Unpaid invoice, recruiter dissolved!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    An administrator is appointed and takes over the company. Initially it will trade as before as the administrator negotiates with debtors and evaluates the viability of the company as a going concern. He will reach out to all the contractors as creditors and in particular the ones who have ongoing contracts. The administrator will make a decision on whether and when the company will cease to trade. This won't happen without anyone knowing.
    Or cheaply.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      An administrator is appointed and takes over the company. Initially it will trade as before as the administrator negotiates with debtors and evaluates the viability of the company as a going concern. He will reach out to all the contractors as creditors and in particular the ones who have ongoing contracts. The administrator will make a decision on whether and when the company will cease to trade. This won't happen without anyone knowing.
      Yes indeed

They will burn up 90% of all incoming fees on there own fees 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Yes indeed

They will burn up 90% of all incoming fees on there own fees 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        yes but the point is you will be informed. It's true that you would join the queue with any outstanding debt, but if you had time to run on the contract going forward you can negotiate with them. If you agreed they would be obliged to pay you as it is illegal for them to run up any further debt.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Beeble View Post
          I would have thought that if the company is dissolved it is no longer a legal entity, therefore any contracts it had are no longer in force or valid. They are only valid and enforceable for the period the company was actively "trading", i.e. pre dissolved status.

I'm not a lawyer so usual disclaimers apply. If I were you I would speak to one and explore your options (e.g. contracting directly from the date the company was dissolved?)

Would give you a clearer view of your options
          This^

This happened to me for an insurance client. I approached them asking to contract direct as the agency was no longer a legal entity. Their lawyers reviewed it and I was working direct with the end client a few days later. Anything else I'm afraid you have to write off and forget about

Comment

OP,
            I'd not jump to conclusions but check your contract and see precisely which entity your company signed a contract with.

There are references to more than one recruitment organisation at Companies House with the name you specified - the dissolved one being a different office address.

An active .com website doesn't actually make it clear the precise company name but it does match registered office details for an active entity.

This entity also appears to have engaged in invoice factoring - commonplace among agencies - therefore you should have little difficulty in getting your invoice paid.

As for another similar entity being dissolved, I wouldnt be too hasty in future to post woe is me without re-checking details.

Now, of course, if your contract IS with the dissolved name then you have a problem, best of luck.

Comment

Working...
            X