• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice sought..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Never mention being a project manager of any kind, that role is now retired.
    I too will chime in with a 'Huh?'

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
      I too will chime in with a 'Huh?'
      If you need to know you'll already know. If you don't you don't.

HTH
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Update from OP

For the benefit of those who have contributed to this thread:

It transpires what I was told by the colleague was, shall we say, an interpretation of the original conversation. It turns out the mgr was worried I might not accept an extension.
        I have received an official extension offer.

Comment

Good news but do have a think about your realisation that you've slipped into permie think.

You should use the time you've bought with an extension to look at the market, identify terminology changes and skills gaps, get any bits of paper you need to help transition to the real world, update your CV and get talking to agents.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Good news but do have a think about your realisation that you've slipped into permie think.

You should use the time you've bought with an extension to look at the market, identify terminology changes and skills gaps, get any bits of paper you need to help transition to the real world, update your CV and get talking to agents.
            Already done! Cheers.

Comment

Its Only Business

You are a contractor so things change. You have to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Yeh. I'm sure that I'm not the only contractor who gets involved in office banter where they say "we wont extend your contract".

I always tell them "I don't give a **** - I'll go and work for a decent client!".

Point being if I don't get renewed at a decent client then I might be a bit disappointed. More disappointed that I've got to go and find something else. BUT, if you're worrying about whether the next extensions is going to happen it'll make your head explode.....
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X