• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do we break the current crappy contractor system?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    This may be true and not a problem when things are going well, but it's when things don't quite go as planned that this falls apart.

After all, who is likely to have more liquidity and greater cashflow? The large, national (or multi-national) client, or the fly-by-night agency that lives hand-to-mouth? Who do you think is more likely to be able to pay your invoices when a significant amount of creditors come calling at the same time?
    I hear you, and having been stung by a dodgy agency run by thieves (or so incompetent they may as well be) I am very wary of pursuing contract work via small agencies with no longevity and positive reputation. The smaller the agency the tighter the billing cycle I want and the less bs I'll take if they start coming up with excuses about late payment.

Fortunately my more recent contracts have been with agencies larger than the clients, that offer weekly billing cycles and absolutely no hassle at all (things haven't gone wrong to test that though).
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
    X