• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jefferson Frank / Nigel Frank paying invoices late

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jefferson Frank / Nigel Frank paying invoices late

Contracting through Jefferson Frank and they appear to have a cashflow issue right now. My last invoice payment is a couple of weeks overdue. Agent telling me they held lots of payments back and that they are chasing up to £16m in late payments to them. My client says they have paid the agency on time. I'm assured I'll be paid this week but they told me that last week.

Anyone else having issue or have more info. I'm a tad nervous as are a couple of other contractors here on site.

Thanks

And so it begins.......

Switch to weekly payments immediately then you will only lose 1 weeks (you could claim against your ipse+ insurance) if they go bust

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Ouch. Heard many stories of end clients not paying up but always thought the big agencies were reliable. Good luck feller!

Comment

Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
        Ouch. Heard many stories of end clients not paying up but always thought the big agencies were reliable. Good luck feller!
        Big agencies often think they are too big to factor their invoices. In a turbulent market this is a risk for the contractor.

The name that shall not be spoken is causing all markets to be turbulent. Expect more of this.

Comment

One of the reasons I opt-in to agency regulations. Agency can't use the excuse of not being paid by their client as the reason to not pay you.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudcontractor View Post
            One of the reasons I opt-in to agency regulations. Agency can't use the excuse of not being paid by their client as the reason to not pay you.
            But in reality that clause has never led to anyone getting paid in a dispute.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So says the self-appointed authority. Ever consider that your personal experience doesn't cover everyone everywhere across all time? Clearly not.

Comment

So says the self-appointed authority. Ever consider that your personal experience doesn't cover everyone everywhere across all time? Clearly not.
                Nope but it's been discussed on here many times so it's better feedback than trying guess what has happened.

We've plenty of posts about not getting paid from both opt in and out contractors and where the contractor got paid it's usually down to dunning and pestering and correct debt collection processes. Where the agent didn't get paid by the client the contractor didn't get their money. Their status made next to no difference.

Dunno why you are getting so uppity about it anyway, if you are pushing agents to opt in when they don't want to you adding risk to the engagement process for something that doesn't actually help in reality. Just trying to make you aware of this.

I can add 'from the feedback we've seen' in the front of everything if it appease your snowflakess.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 18 July 2019, 19:36.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

As I've already said, you're dismissive and patronising and approach every thread (literally, don't you have any hobbies?) with a superior attitude. That you might occasionally be helpful appears to be a side-effect of your primary aim to insert your opinion into everything. Jolly tedious.

if you are pushing agents to opt in when they don't want to you adding risk to the engagement process for something that doesn't actually help in reality. Just trying to make you aware of this.
                  Now, on topic; The Agency Regulations exist for a reason. Should any opted-in contractor find themselves being furthered an excuse of non-settlement because the client hasn't paid the agency, they have recourse and should pursue it. You're entitled to opt-in - wanting to shouldn't 'risk' the process in the least unless the agency is a crook so really this is an excellent filter to apply.

Since many people don't stomp around with ill-placed self-assurance, the dismissive attitude of 'Don't bother, it's never done any good' might be enough to make them not try, and they definitely should. Amazes me how content some contractors are to strictly work within the tulipty system rather than try to improve it with the tools available. All that 'experience' just to have a defeatist attitude.

Comment

As I've already said, you're dismissive and patronising and approach every thread (literally, don't you have any hobbies?) with a superior attitude. That you might occasionally be helpful appears to be a side-effect of your primary aim to insert your opinion into everything. Jolly tedious.

Now, on topic; The Agency Regulations exist for a reason. Should any opted-in contractor find themselves being furthered an excuse of non-settlement because the client hasn't paid the agency, they have recourse and should pursue it. You're entitled to opt-in - wanting to shouldn't 'risk' the process in the least unless the agency is a crook so really this is an excellent filter to apply.

Since many people don't stomp around with ill-placed self-assurance, the dismissive attitude of 'Don't bother, it's never done any good' might be enough to make them not try, and they definitely should. Amazes me how content some contractors are to strictly work within the tulipty system rather than try to improve it with the tools available. All that 'experience' just to have a defeatist attitude.
                    so why ask then? - sort it out yourself and then tell us all how wonderful you are.
                    and how big your cat's bolloks are.

Comment

Working...
                    X