• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Confidence as a Contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    You
    I am forever young, whereas you just fade away as an ageing spud basher's sub-standard sockie.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      I am similar, a lot of what I do is easy, and I feel like lots of people can do it, but I often find myself feeling pretty clueless about a lot of things (software developer for 20 years this summer, last 11 as a contractor)
      Solidarity, brother (or sister)
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Yeah, I bet you really impressed the client who agreed a 50/50 WFH to find behind his back you wanted and held out fo 100% WFH. Way to go!
        Nothing wrong with this.

The client wanted x, y and z. Found in the OP solid amounts of x and y, and was prepared to compromise through negotiation, z.

Have you ever applied for a role at a lesser amount and then negotiated up?

Comment

I much prefer the chat type interviews than the 'tell me about a time when you've done such and such' panel format. I wish I could insist every interview was a one to one, I'd probably get a lot more jobs
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            I much prefer the chat type interviews than the 'tell me about a time when you've done such and such' panel format. I wish I could insist every interview was a one to one, I'd probably get a lot more jobs
            One of the best interviews I had was just "tell us how you got into computing" and we spent about 2 hours talking about everything from games I programmed into my Commodore 64 through to what I thought I could contribute to the position at the company. Then they gave me a spec and an hour to code it before bringing in some of their top tech guys to discuss the code I had written with me. I stayed for over 5 years and in the entire time I was there only two programmers left. One was offered a contract on stupid money and the other came back a few month later.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
            X