• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Day rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
    It’s small and they expect everything and more ...think am going to knock this on the head....too much grief and life’s too short
    Onwards and upwards. It won't be long before it becomes nothing more than an amusing story from your past. Some good lessons learnt as well which will stand you in better stead for the future..

Go get em tiger.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Onwards and upwards. It won't be long before it becomes nothing more than an amusing story from your past. Some good lessons learnt as well which will stand you in better stead for the future..

Go get em tiger.
      You are spot on...onwards & upwards

Comment

The tulip gigs always teach you something
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          The tulip gigs always teach you something
          Agreed although I'm likely to say a tulip gig is one where I learnt nothing. At the time I'm in the job, I may have other opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Nothing unusual with that contract. You have to figure out your travel time before you sign and decide whether you want to commute or stay over (with WFH on Monday’s/Fridays if the client agrees).

If you’re not happy and the rate isn’t good enough to stay over then you’ll have to decide on whether or not you want to continue.

This is the life of a contractor.
            I agree....

OP - didn't you consider the travel before you thought about the gig? i.e. google maps for travel time, trains etc - basic stuff.

7.5/8 hours is hardly that bad......

11 hours out of the house. So 8 hours work, 30 mins lunch, 75 mins each way. Not the end of the world fella.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              I agree....

OP - didn't you consider the travel before you thought about the gig? i.e. google maps for travel time, trains etc - basic stuff.

7.5/8 hours is hardly that bad......

11 hours out of the house. So 8 hours work, 30 mins lunch, 75 mins each way. Not the end of the world fella.
              Well I didn’t quite realise the volume of traffic/roadworks etc adding significant time to my commute!

Your comments have already been raised and to be honest not helpful...so with due respect bore off .

Ps I’m not a fella I’m a female

Comment

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
                Well I didn’t quite realise the volume of traffic/roadworks etc adding significant time to my commute!

Your comments have already been raised and to be honest not helpful...so with due respect bore off .

Ps I’m not a fella I’m a female
                Look sorry it came across this way (and sorry for calling you fella!), but a lot of us have seen this many times.....

Out of interest, how far is the commute and how long does it take with no traffic?
                Is train an option? IMHO much less stressful (although when it does go wrong it goes REALLY wrong).
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Look sorry it came across this way (and sorry for calling you fella!), but a lot of us have seen this many times.....

Out of interest, how far is the commute and how long does it take with no traffic?
                  Is train an option? IMHO much less stressful (although when it does go wrong it goes REALLY wrong).
                  Did you miss this bit?

Your comments have already been raised and to be honest not helpful.
                  And the bore off bit?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X