• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you tackle boredom?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have an opportunity for paid R&D. Spin up some new tech and learn it. Bonus points if you land a extension or convince the client to adapt the new technology and get a contract extension. Like what a large consultancy would do.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Look at bank balance & daily rate then look at how hard you would need to work in another industry to earn even half that same amount of ££££ is the answer!!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
        Look at bank balance & daily rate then look at how hard you would need to work in another industry to earn even half that same amount of ££££ is the answer!!
        I did that, have now decided to go work for the BBC as a sports presenter :-) However, this is actually what I tend to do when faced with boredom. I did a contract at the Porsche R&D center where I was basically stuck in a cellar and ever now and then someone would ring up and ask me to do something. As the money was good (and the view outside was interesting being only 150m from the test track), I stuck it out and learnt a new operating system at the same time
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Turned my hobby into a business.

Comment

How do you tackle boredom?

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
            Turned my hobby into a business.
            You wank people for money now ??

We all have those hobby to business dreams

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
            X