• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very late payments on no formal contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My client two days in a row has whatsapp'd me his progress arranging an overdraft with his bank. He said they would ring me today, but instead leaves me a whatsapp. It's wasting my time waiting around for a call that doesn't come.

He claims to have started arranging an overdraft for his company with NatWest using his own personal credit as a backing. (I'm dubious that he can get a 30k overdraft)

He claims the public sector will be able to pay his company in potentially 2 weeks. (I'm unsure of how much this payment will be)

I'm drafting an email response demanding a clear outline of the amount of each payment and on which date. I'm also offering him a call at a specific time to avoid hanging around for none existing phone calls.

If he doesn't reply or give me specific dates I plan to issue him a final reminder via email. (Taken from the payontime template)

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by itconsultantuk View Post
      My client two days in a row has whatsapp'd me his progress arranging an overdraft with his bank. He said they would ring me today, but instead leaves me a whatsapp. It's wasting my time waiting around for a call that doesn't come.

He claims to have started arranging an overdraft for his company with NatWest using his own personal credit as a backing. (I'm dubious that he can get a 30k overdraft)

He claims the public sector will be able to pay his company in potentially 2 weeks. (I'm unsure of how much this payment will be)

I'm drafting an email response demanding a clear outline of the amount of each payment and on which date. I'm also offering him a call at a specific time to avoid hanging around for none existing phone calls.

If he doesn't reply or give me specific dates I plan to issue him a final reminder via email. (Taken from the payontime template)

Thoughts?
      If you are not a Sockie, you deserve the Darwin Award.

Comment

He can’t with a personal credit card. It’s either his debt, or the company’s.
        An overdraft is the latter.
        He can get a debenture against his house to get cash in the company, but that’s about it.
        He’s lying to you.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

First invoice paid in full. He still owes ~25k though.

He has to wait two weeks for public sector payment apparently.

I'm going to wait until I'm up to date in payment before working with him again. Any future work will include a proper contract with weekly payments. If he's over a week late I down tools.

I'll be looking for other work in the meantime...

Comment

First invoice paid in full. He still owes ~25k though.

He has to wait two weeks for public sector payment apparently.

I'm going to wait until I'm up to date in payment before working with him again. Any future work will include a proper contract with weekly payments. If he's over a week late I down tools.

I'll be looking for other work in the meantime...
            I would want payment up front or at worst midway through week.

Comment

Working...
            X