• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vector Resourcing - Any experience of them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit late in the reply.......but yes, I'd stack shelves before working with them again

Vector have a v good screening process, v good at getting you directly into client, and bring in excellent candidates. Payment process is crap (and I feel a complete con), but they were never late, there was never a problem.

However, their arrogance defies belief, if you have an issue with anything they do forget it, they tell you to just metophorically shut up and do as you're told. I saw them fall out big time with the client we were with, mainly because of their attitude. There were a lot of consultants involved in that, big loss of business. I only avoided serious action against them becuase the client asked me not to (I get the client back long term, fair enough). They also were extremely devious in the way they tried to single out 'trouble making' consultants working on the same site with the same issues I had (over their new payment system), with many inconsistencies in their version of events and very underhanded behaviour (in my opinion) - not impressed.

In short, I would never work with them again. They do not understand the concept of business partnership, and think they are managing the Consultant. I know it's a late reply, but needs to be said - and yes, I only registered on here to share that experience.............good site though, better start making use of it.
    Last edited by exsapuk; 9 February 2011, 13:02.

Comment

Chick which client were you at?

I was at a client in London for a while, through Vector, and though payments were on time, I would concur with pretty much most of your experience with them.

The client tried desparately to get rid of Vector, but the agency just wouldn't let go. The client eventually ended up getting rid of all Vector contractors!

Greedy lot, Vector are, that's for sure - avoid.

Comment

I've had 2 through them over the years I believe.

Agreed a rate, got paid on time. No shenanigans.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I've had 2 through them over the years I believe.

Agreed a rate, got paid on time. No shenanigans.

I only had one contract with them (with an extension) for a public sector client in London (back in 2008), no issues to report.

Comment

Old thread, newbie poster, need to share...

Morning all. I've been contracting for 15+ years and have been through Vector a few times in the past. Their old paper timesheets required a bit of work, but you got swift payment and no issues.
            The new system is a shambles!

Last month one of the directors of the client received an email from my personal email address asking him to approve my timesheet.
            Well, first thing is, he worked out that it was from me, so replied to my business email address to say I'd sent my timesheet to the wrong person.
            I thanked him for letting me know, then got on to Vector.
            So, the first problem was that they sent it to the wrong person - not their fault, they say. By the time they sent it to the right person it was too late for the payment run.
            The bigger issue is that they are sending emails out from contractor's personal addresses without the contractor's knowledge or permission! No where in their terms & conditions, privacy statement or contract does it say that they will spoof a person's email address so that someone else thinks they have sent the mail.

I've spent two weeks now trying to get them to stop doing it and am getting nowhere.

Avoid Vector.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Vector resourcing - the worst agency to work for as a contractor

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              +1
              I had a contract that lasted 9 months, initially it took 3 months for them to start paying me, and there was just one problem after another.
              I am now due my last month's salary which they are saying that the 'funds have not yet cleared'. I tried to contact them about it and they don't accept phone calls any more, everything has to be done by email and they have 48 hours to reply.

Over all I would recommend anyone to stay away from this company if you want to be paid at all and be paid on time.

The sales chap (who recruited me) was lovely, that side of the business seems very good but the accounts department seems rather disjointed and not cohesive to a good business working relationship.

Stay clear!

Comment

Vector Resourcing

I have had a contract with them for nearly 3 years.
                The only time they ever contacted me was when it was nearly the end of my contract and they asked about extensions.

My final invoice "will be paid when we receive cleared payments from the client" now that is a strange one, its never happened before and I have been working as contractor now for nearly 20 years, and my final invoice for the contract has ALWAYS been paid on time never been delayed until payment has been received from client.

Its a good job there is something called "Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002", if they don't pay within 60 days then I can charge them £70 + 8.5% statutory interest!

Comment

Vector UK

OK.

Just an update to my last post about Vector UK.

Here are a few things to be aware of if you work for them:
                  1. They have an online timesheet system which is very inflexible, your timesheet has to be authorised by the client before their cut-off date which is usually 5/6 of the month at 5 PM. If you can't get anyone to authorise your timesheet by the cut-off time then you won't get paid.
                  2. Despite the cut-off for the timesheets being 5/6 of month don't expect immediate payment. Payment will usually reach your bank on 17/19 of the month e.g. you complete your timesheets for January and have them authorised by client by 6 February, you then receive payment into your bank account sometime between 17 and 19 February. So effectively you will receive nothing for the first 6 weeks of your contract.
                  3. When your contract comes to an end don't expect to be paid immediately. They will pay your invoice "when we have received cleared funds from the client into our bank account", which means you could end up waiting anything up to 2 months for the payment of your final invoice. My contract ended on 31 August 2014 and I was finally paid the outstanding amount on 17 November 2014.

Remember if they pay your invoice late you are covered by The late payment of commercial debts legislation and to claim the charges and statutory interest - I claimed this from them, and they argued that they didn't owe me anything on the above invoice, so I sent them a copy of the legislation guidelines, and pointed out to them the effects of a statutory demand on their company so the eventually paid my finance charges.

I have now been working as a contractor for the best part of 20 years, and so far this company has been the slowest payer. Their payment system is very inflexible, as they only make payments once a month. in the past I have worked for smaller agencies who could pay "weekly", I could submit my invoice on a Monday and be paid on the Wednesday of the same week. The average time for payment of my invoices by this company was 14.6 days.

Comment

Originally posted by TopCat1802 View Post
                    OK.
                    I have now been working as a contractor for the best part of 20 years, and so far this company has been the slowest payer. Their payment system is very inflexible, as they only make payments once a month. in the past I have worked for smaller agencies who could pay "weekly", I could submit my invoice on a Monday and be paid on the Wednesday of the same week. The average time for payment of my invoices by this company was 14.6 days.
                    Just to chime in with this, I'd agree - avoid Vector like the plague. The payment system is lamentable, and the attitude of anyone other than the recruiters is unbelievable arrogant. In the thirteen odd years I've been contracting, these are by far the worst agency I've ever worked with; they've certainly made my personal black list.

Comment

Originally posted by stunthamster View Post
                      Just to chime in with this, I'd agree - avoid Vector like the plague. The payment system is lamentable, and the attitude of anyone other than the recruiters is unbelievable arrogant. In the thirteen odd years I've been contracting, these are by far the worst agency I've ever worked with; they've certainly made my personal black list.
                      Interesting first post.....

Comment

Working...
                      X