Vector Resourcing - Any experience of them? Vector Resourcing - Any experience of them?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 79

Nervous Newbie

Default Vector Resourcing - Any experience of them?

Hi Guys,

first time poster, long time lurker

I have been planning my exit from the permiehell which I found myself in, and while I have resisted posting some inane questions like "how do I know if I would make a good contract working type person" I now find myself posting the very obvious newbie question:

Things look good regarding my first contract, I seem to have a reasonably marketable combination of (non-technical) skills/experience and qualification.

One contract has come up which I think I am in with a reasonable chance of - Agent seems to think I have ticks where a couple of CV's which were refused by the client did not even have boxes (my interpretation of what he said anyway, but I figure a lot of it may be agent speak) - through Vector Resourcing

Has anyone worked through this company or had any dealings with them? Agent actually sounds like a nice guy, quite genuine compared to some that I have spoken to - less hectic, less "promising the world".

Any feedback on this company would help as I have searched but found nada.

P

PS thanks to all those who have helped without realising it, there is a wealth of knowledge on these boards, I have pretty much spent the past 2 months reading them, searching for this and that.

My post count is Majestic

I have worked through Vector Resourcing before. Do what you would expect - pay on time, no problems with contacting people, leave you to it.

I dont remember anything bad about it.

Mcgregor Boyle though. Wouldnt touch them with a bargepole.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Nervous Newbie

thanks, presumed that would be the case - its the impression I got from the agent - no nonsense kind of guy.

P

Godlike

Last edited by ChimpMaster; 29th March 2009 at 13:50.

My post count is Majestic

Oh yeah. Good point. I remember where it was now. Yes, there commission is alittle on the high side, they like to skim.

I took a shortterm local gig, agent kept pushing me to reduce as it was only five minutes away, so I took it for 300 for a couple of weeks only to discover they were invoicing 400. 33%.

I got an extension, asked for more cash or I was off and instead of swallowing it, tapped the client up for more money which didnt go down well.

Paid on time though and quite pleasant.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by spudgun View Post
    Hi Guys,

first time poster, long time lurker

I have been planning my exit from the permiehell which I found myself in, and while I have resisted posting some inane questions like "how do I know if I would make a good contract working type person" I now find myself posting the very obvious newbie question:

Things look good regarding my first contract, I seem to have a reasonably marketable combination of (non-technical) skills/experience and qualification.

One contract has come up which I think I am in with a reasonable chance of - Agent seems to think I have ticks where a couple of CV's which were refused by the client did not even have boxes (my interpretation of what he said anyway, but I figure a lot of it may be agent speak) - through Vector Resourcing

Has anyone worked through this company or had any dealings with them? Agent actually sounds like a nice guy, quite genuine compared to some that I have spoken to - less hectic, less "promising the world".

Any feedback on this company would help as I have searched but found nada.

P

PS thanks to all those who have helped without realising it, there is a wealth of knowledge on these boards, I have pretty much spent the past 2 months reading them, searching for this and that.

My experience with them? OMG!! the worst i have ever had with any agent. Still they owe me money since end October. The worst experience!!!!

Dirty kapitalist spekulant

Quote Originally Posted by simos View Post
    My experience with them? OMG!! the worst i have ever had with any agent. Still they owe me money since end October. The worst experience!!!!
    Umm, this is a 2 year old thread
    ǝןqqıʍ

Fingers like lightning

A rant was needed - and CUK provided.

Potty-trained

Quote Originally Posted by simos View Post
    +1

Nervous Newbie

Default I wouldn't use Vector Resourcing

They are not REC registered; says it all really. I am in dispute with them at the moment over payment.