• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And so it begins ... agencies into employers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody else been contacted by their agency to see if they would be interested in joining them as an employee post April 2020?

TBH I think it was pretty inevitable. It will be interesting to see how many choose to say Yes. I reckon, quite a large percentage.

The obvious question is why choose this over a proper permie job? I think most of the big banks etc. in London have got permie recruitment freezes on due to the April deadline.

No.

next?

Comment

Originally posted by mogga71 View Post
      The obvious question is why choose this over a proper permie job? I think most of the big banks etc. in London have got permie recruitment freezes on due to the April deadline.
      More money. All that's happening is that agents are trying to move into the brolly market.

It could be a good thing (for those who use brollies), since instead of paying agency markup + brolly fees, you'll just be paying agency markup... potentially.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

To be fair they've been doing this for bleeding years. Barclays used to have 'managed service' bods from.. Was it Hays? I forget. It was 10 years ago now. All they did was nick themselves a contract position and hoodwink someone in to going perm with them and place them on site. Inevitably the gig would expire, said bod would have a month sitting in a Hays office trying to find work and then got laid off.

Disgraceful carry on it was, but it's certainly not new.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 12 August 2019, 20:26.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sounds like the Accenture model - you can look forward to doing it all for £25k pa if you copy them
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            Sounds like the Accenture model - you can look forward to doing it all for £25k pa if you copy them
            Accenture are currently offering all graduates free of charge into the bank - as can’t place them

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Accenture are currently offering all graduates free of charge into the bank - as can’t place them

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              Billing them at what they are worth then at last. Give them good experience of consulting by PowerPoint at least.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                More money. All that's happening is that agents are trying to move into the brolly market.

It could be a good thing (for those who use brollies), since instead of paying agency markup + brolly fees, you'll just be paying agency markup... potentially.
                You really think the pimps would pass up on a way to increase their cut?
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Yes, perhaps, if this is the same - I had a very confusing e-mail, initially from an agency about work for a government body. I said I was interested, and they sent me a full spec (like 12 pages) of what they wanted building. I agreed that I could probably do that, so put me forward. Agency came back later and said the client was happy, and I'd be working for "recruitment agency consulting division". I was like, oookay, whatever that means.

They then said we'll have a meeting on Thursday. I said hold on, I want to meet the client first I'm not accepting work without talking to them because their expectations might not be inline with this random document I've been sent. The agency was like ??????? and so I ended up taking another gig instead, which made them absolutely furious because apparently I'd agreed to start work (no sniff of an actual contract at this point) and they'd set up the first planning meeting with the client for Thursday (this was on Monday).

I was like wtf.

Contracting never works like that, I'm never gonna accept work if I haven't spoken to the client, even if it's via dodgy agency consulting arm ltd. That's how you start on day 1 and get totally shafted by things you can't even do or weren't expecting...

Comment

Not sure I'm getting what's going on here... So how this will be any different than a consultancy company, where you work as a full time employee and they 'sell' you to clients!?

Or via this agencies we would have a temporary employment contract with the agency!? What's the point then!!!? Better go with an old fashion consultancy, no?
                    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Working...
                    X