• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I can't tell you who the client is at the moment"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    If they don't reveal the name of the end client I'm not giving my consent to submit my CV. If there is a real client they will reveal the name at that point.
    This. I'll play along while getting details about the role, location, day rate etc without knowing the client, but I'd never let them submit my CV without knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      Surely if they just tell you the client then you might hang up and contact them directly?
      Having done this, it's probably this

Comment

Same here, I would never give my consent to be put forward without knowing who the client is.

Although, I don't remember this ever happening to me; agents might not tell me the name of the client via email but it's something that they've always shared over the phone.

If they're vague about the client, there is no client in the first place.

Comment

It is nonsense. Have had it a few times.

I've said similar to NAT - how do I know I want to work with the client if I don't know who they are, and have refused to be represented without the details.

Comment

But if they tell me at the end of the phone call I can still apply directly so... what's the point?
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              But if they tell me at the end of the phone call I can still apply directly so... what's the point?
              Indeed, you can say oh, I've already been put forward for them or make some other excuse

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                In many cases an end client won't take direct applications and only work through agencies. I had direct contact with Dell, they wanted to recruit me permanently, but when I said I only do contract work they handed over to an agency.
                Also if the role has gone to several agencies how would you know you have already been forwarded for that role?

And if they have exclusive right to the contract they would also be safe to say the name (but it's often a lie when they say that)
                Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

No problem with them not letting me know who the client is from the get go but would want the name before they put my CV forward.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Been going on for 20+ years. I just tell them that if I don't know who the client is, they can't put me forward.
                    Or flip it round: "Thanks for contacting [Your Ltd]. Of course we can supply one of our many highly skilled and experienced consultants to your client, but we can't tell you which one yet!"

Comment

Been applying but starts off promising they tell me the client I insist on it then I don't hear from them again they dont call back or anything - makes me think feck em and go direct.

How does the strategy of going direct work?

I might add I am hard of hearing and use text relay system - can speak well but hella can't hear on the phone. recruiters I think just bloody lazy like talking all day on the phone and no work done.

Some times I feel the end client didn't even get my CV.... the market looks bad though...is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X