• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I suspect Brillo even bought a round at one of those socials
    Only when you weren't needing a drink!

Actually it was in Yorkshire so I don't think anyone bought a drink. Tap water all night....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      Nope. I am helping to reboot Britain's ailing shoe manufacturing industry.
      Ha, I got put forward for that role but they delayed interviewing too long and I went elsewhere.

Comment

I dont know a contractor in these parts who didnt get a call about the Clarks gig.
        "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
        "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
          I dont know a contractor in these parts who didnt get a call about the Clarks gig.
          What stopped them taking it?

Not the best rate I've been on but only a 20 minute drive for me which makes it my shortest ever commute for a contract.

A no brainer really.

Comment

No working from home and everything based on the single site. Great if you are super local. Not so great if you arent.
            "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
            "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
              No working from home and everything based on the single site. Great if you are super local. Not so great if you arent.
              Contractors that live further afield are getting 2 days WFH. Just 20 minutes across the levels for me so 5 days on site is no skin off my nose.

Comment

Working...
              X