• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Better rate or better gig?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's nice.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilibet View Post
      Ahem how does this work if there are 5 working days per week?
      Who says there are 5 working days per week?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Who says there are 5 working days per week?
        Indeed most folk do about 3 hours actual work per day, you could almost fit in 3 full time clients if you put your mind to it

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Lilibet View Post

Okie so Gig 2 client messaged me to say they don't think they can increase rate at this time as they are cutting away at contractors budget, which I totally believe since they have had a massive wave of permie redundancies recently. They really only have about 1.5 contractors in the entire department so very much perm reliant company.
          Having the contractor's budget being reduced would be a warning sign for me. Once clients are hunting for savings it tends not to end until they have cut everything to the bone.

Comment

Generally as long as Gig.2 rate is not at the bottom of my scale I would go for the more relaxed gig.

But in this case, the red light is the cost cutting, meaning that there will be less chance of extension and risk of cutting the initial contract short. As long as Gig.1 has better prospects in that regard I would go for Gig.1 in this specific case.

Comment

The relaxed one might extend without delay, you have to factor that in.
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                The relaxed one might extend without delay, you have to factor that in.
                If enough is on offer

Comment

Gig 2 decided to drop me and complete the project internally - or that's what they said. Gutted

Gig 1 is happy they have me for longer....

Comment

Decision made then
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                    X