• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online application steps for Further Leave to Remain,.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online application steps for Further Leave to Remain,.

I'm ready to submit the FLR(M) application, just want to be sure the sequence of events as there may not be a chance to go back once application is submitted. As I understand, this is the chronological sequence of events:

a) submit online application for FLR(M)
    b) pay fees incl super premium service
    c) book UKVCAS slot for biometrics, say 3 or 4 days in advance (to allow time for d) and any system downtime)
    d) my documents are already scanned so just need to to upload all docs.
    e) attend appointment and supply biometrics
    f) await result of application

Some questions on the above:

1) if I want to get an appointment in around 4/5 days, is this possible? What's the typical lead time for UKVCAS availability?

2) does the choice of UKVCAS centre have any bearing on the responsiveness?
    For us, Stockport is very close but Manchester central is a 'Core' centre, so wondering if we go there, we may get a speedier response. Is that right?

3) can I upload pdf's? Any limit to the file size or the number of documents I can upload? (passport copy takes up 7Mb, is this acceptable?)

4) Do I get confirmation that each doc has been successfully uploaded?

5) is it worth opting for the Document Checking Service for £35 or is it not worth it? Does this speed up the appointment on the day of biometrics and how do I go about booking this service?

6) how long does an appointment take these days bearing in mind its only biometrics? First time we were there for nearly 3.5 hours but we got the result straight after.

7) after attendance at UKVCAS, how soon do we get the result?

thanks and look forward to the replies

Absolutely no idea, those TLAs are more for the immigration forum than here I think.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Edited your title so people not interested or knowledgeable in immigration matters will know not to bother reading.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If only there was a site called immigrationboards or something where he could post his immigrationboards question.
        This question would be much more suited to an immigrationboards type forum than a contracting one.

Anyone know of an immigrationboard site for the OP?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          If only there was a site called immigrationboards or something where he could post his immigrationboards question.
          This question would be much more suited to an immigrationboards type forum than a contracting one.

Anyone know of an immigrationboard site for the OP?
          Here: Indefinite Leave to Remain - Immigrationboards.com

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Edited your title so people not interested or knowledgeable in immigration matters will know not to bother reading.
            Just re-read the new title " Online application steps for Further Leave to Remain". Maybe I should move this to the Brexit subforum.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
              I'm ready to submit the FLR(M) application, just want to be sure the sequence of events as there may not be a chance to go back once application is submitted. As I understand, this is the chronological sequence of events:

a) submit online application for FLR(M)
              b) pay fees incl super premium service
              c) book UKVCAS slot for biometrics, say 3 or 4 days in advance (to allow time for d) and any system downtime)
              d) my documents are already scanned so just need to to upload all docs.
              e) attend appointment and supply biometrics
              f) await result of application

Some questions on the above:

1) if I want to get an appointment in around 4/5 days, is this possible? What's the typical lead time for UKVCAS availability?

2) does the choice of UKVCAS centre have any bearing on the responsiveness?
              For us, Stockport is very close but Manchester central is a 'Core' centre, so wondering if we go there, we may get a speedier response. Is that right?

3) can I upload pdf's? Any limit to the file size or the number of documents I can upload? (passport copy takes up 7Mb, is this acceptable?)

4) Do I get confirmation that each doc has been successfully uploaded?

5) is it worth opting for the Document Checking Service for £35 or is it not worth it? Does this speed up the appointment on the day of biometrics and how do I go about booking this service?

6) how long does an appointment take these days bearing in mind its only biometrics? First time we were there for nearly 3.5 hours but we got the result straight after.

7) after attendance at UKVCAS, how soon do we get the result?

thanks and look forward to the replies
              1. 4-5 days is wishful thinking. Depending on time of the year you could be waiting upto a month. Also unless something has changed - you need to bring all the documents with you?

2. I am not sure what you mean. You mention premium service - if you go with that, you get the decision on the same day.

3. No idea, we brought all the documents with us because we used the premium service.

4,5 - see above.

6. We were in and out of the door in 30 minutes. But there is a reason for that, you need to make the job easy for them by organising your documents. We came in with every document already photocopied.

7. I am confused again, you are talking about the premium service - the whole point of that is you get the decision on the day?

Comment

Working...
              X