• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 risk of going permie in current contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CompoundOverload View Post
    And depends on clients appetite's to take on those outside and bore the risk themselves. A lot of FTC and inside roles and showing up more and more.

Will be interesting how BREXIT also impacts the UK flexible market
    Could be but I'm optimistic on this one. Many clients are taking the right steps and getting proper advice so I think many highly skilled IT gigs will stay outside. Remember this affects anyone with a PSC. I don't know the number exactly but my client as drivers, depot staff, service desk and customer desk and a host of random business people with PSC's which will outnumber IT guys 3 or 4 to 1. There will be a good percentage going inside, they said 70-80% early on. That could quite easily be all of them and not one IT bod.

But yes, there will be some change and yes there will be those as you say. Just look at jobserve nowadays and there are plenty of inside PS gigs. The good news is they are up to £100 a day higher than private ones so still viable.

Maybe I'm wrong in doing so but I care not about how Brexit will affect it. It's being affected by much more at the moment so think it's going to be hard to say if it has and I really don't think it will.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Place I'm working for is reducing contractors by 90%. Spoke to finance director and it's looking like most private orgs are going same route to be risk adverse. It's going to be tough times ahead for a lot but the silver lining is he said we have to look at our working practices to make sure the contract and business at treated like any other business and not some bum on seat.

That's good if you are out so companies can finally treat us contractors as official businesses and not an employee but on the other hand a lot of contracts will be reduced from now till 2020/21 as they don't want to take on that much risk.

Comment

Working...
      X