• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency right to represent emails

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency right to represent emails

In everyone's experience, do agents always send these out every time?

Yesterday I applied for a role on Jobserve which could have been written for me. The agent phoned me straight away and after some discussion he said he would send my cv to the client & get a right to represent email across to me, but didn't.

I later got a phone call from someone else at the same agency for a different role. Again, he said he would send my cv to the client, but didn't send me a right to represent email.

I then got another call from a different agency about two separate roles & again no right to represent email.

I'm fairly sure the roles exist as they gave me the client names (except the second one) so my question is - do you think this mean they've decided not to put me forward for these roles? Or am I overthinking due to being stressed over the state of the market? (as if I don't overthink everything anyway! )
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

overthinking it.

Agents are not always very bright, and don;t always do what they're meant to.
    It could well be they never sent your CV. You'll (probably) never know.

Carry on looking.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Have you called them back to confirm your CV has gone forward?

I don't think every agency does the 'right to represent' email. I haven't had one for a while.

Comment

Hope you haven't recently revised your CV and broke your email address on it

Comment

Checked your spam box?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Have you called them back to confirm your CV has gone forward?

I don't think every agency does the 'right to represent' email. I haven't had one for a while.
            No, but this chap is saying the agent specifically alluded to them, suggesting these agencies still do them. But just didn't follow through.

OP - call, call, call.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              Hope you haven't recently revised your CV and broke your email address on it
              No..

Comment

One well known agency uses this trick to take out the competition

Agency can only submit 2 candidates - already has 2 candidates

Anyone else that contacts them with a good cv, they get asked to sign the sole represent email - agents puts cv in the bin, contractor thinks his cv is submitted and does not submit via another agent

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  One well known agency uses this trick to take out the competition

Agency can only submit 2 candidates - already has 2 candidates

Anyone else that contacts them with a good cv, they get asked to sign the sole represent email - agents puts cv in the bin, contractor thinks his cv is submitted and does not submit via another agent

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  You know, that's kind of along the lines of what I was thinking. What if another agent contacts me about the same role, I say no thinking I've already applied via first agency, but first agency hasn't sent my cv at all... But I thought I was being paranoid!

Comment

Oh FFS.

Hadn't heard of that one before. But of course, it makes complete sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X