• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents connecting on LinkedIn - what's the point?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I find it useful...

Yes a lot of mining no doubt goes on but its useful to connect with people I have worked with, agents who send me leads and occasionally the old interesting article to read. It’s good thing to support my CV and show off recommendations which helps me avoid “provide x number of references”.

Ive had a number of firm offers from it and it does help me connect directly with clients from time to time.

Overall I like it...

Comment

I use two linkedin accounts.

One for me as a personal entity, the other for the company.

Agents only ever get added tote company account even if they send an invite to my personal account. Personal account is for friends, fellow contractors and permies to keep in tooch with and shoot the breeze.

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
        I use two linkedin accounts.

One for me as a personal entity, the other for the company.

Agents only ever get added tote company account even if they send an invite to my personal account. Personal account is for friends, fellow contractors and permies to keep in tooch with and shoot the breeze.
        That's a good suggestion, I might look into that as I currently have my company listed as one 'role' on my profile with a one line summary for each client.

Comment

I got a gig out of accepting a request from an agent I did not previsouly know so I accept all agent requests if they recruit in my area.

I don't post anything, just ensure CV matches profile.

Comment

Working...
          X