• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advanced CV Writing & LinkedIn for Contractors – How to Double Your Interview Rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced CV Writing & LinkedIn for Contractors – How to Double Your Interview Rate

Free Contractor UK Winning-Work Webinar

Our latest ‘must see’ webinar will provide leading-edge advice on the different styles of CVs for Contractors and how to write your LinkedIn profile to attract contract opportunities. The webinar will delve into the science and psychology behind a Contractor CV and LinkedIn profile with very specific guidance on how to write each section.

Attending this 60 min session will allow you to create a portfolio of CVs and a LinkedIn profile that will drive more opportunities at higher remuneration levels in less time.

You will learn about the Chronological CV, the Case Study CV, the Executive Biography, the Portfolio Career CV and your LinkedIn profile – we will cover who needs what and how to put them together in line with the requirements of the 2019 Contract market.

You will also learn about the marketing techniques that are giving some senior candidates a 500% increase in success rates. If you are not familiar with elevator pitches, value proposition statements, case studies, recommendations, business casing and ATS optimisation, then this webinar is going to give you a huge leg up when applying for Contract, Interim or Consultancy roles.

Thursday 3rd October 7:15pm

More info and register here:
    Advanced CV Writing & LinkedIn for Contractors – How to Double Your Interview Rate.
    Last edited by administrator; 24 September 2019, 11:26. Reason: Date change

Before signing up to receiving marketing material from this commercial organisation (a requirement for attending the webinar), can the organisers share any proof/testimonies that it does, as claimed "Double Your Interview Rate" and "drive more opportunities at higher remuneration levels in less time"?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Before signing up to receiving marketing material from this commercial organisation (a requirement for attending the webinar), can the organisers share any proof/testimonies that it does, as claimed "Double Your Interview Rate" and "drive more opportunities at higher remuneration levels in less time"?
      If it is still the same organisation as they used two or so years a go, it will reduce the amount of interviews you get to zero
      I rewrote my cv exactly in the way they suggested and sent it in parallel with the (old) existing version of my cv to end clients and agencies during the 6 weeks I was on the bench
      New version zero replies and zero interviews
      Old version same amount of replies and interviews as before (and a couple of offers)

Comment

CV fomat

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        If it is still the same organisation as they used two or so years a go, it will reduce the amount of interviews you get to zero
        I rewrote my cv exactly in the way they suggested and sent it in parallel with the (old) existing version of my cv to end clients and agencies during the 6 weeks I was on the bench
        New version zero replies and zero interviews
        Old version same amount of replies and interviews as before (and a couple of offers)
        Hi Eirikur - Matt here from The CV & Interview Advisors. Was it one of our webinars that you watched? Perhaps you could send me the version you created and I would be happy to have a look and see if I can identify where it falls down. The methodologies we present are extremely effective but its all in the execution and the content of the CV trumps the format. Also, the case study style CV is only appropriate for certain people and we are very open about this (not sure if this is the format that you used). Anyway, feel free to give me a shout and I'd be happy to discuss and assist.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          Hi Paralytic - Matt here from The CV & Interview Advisors. Have a look on Google Reviews and feel free to contact me (through our website or LinkedIn) and I'll be more than happy to share positive feedback. Obviously a CV is only as good as the person that it represents and the methodology that we use relies on the writer of the CV being able to execute the methodology effectively i.e. it requires strong writing skills, but on a level playing field, people get great results and I'd be happy to share some feedback with you. Obviously I'm not going to copy and paste hundreds of client testimonials into this forum.

Comment

Worth the time

I attended last night's seminar and thought I would let people know what to expect if they run it again.

It was run professionally and was a good presentation. It was obvious the presenter knew what he was talking about and didn't over-hype what you could expect. There was some limited sales talk, but the vast majority of the presentation was simply "Here are the most common styles of CV, this is how each are structured and why you would want to use one over the other". The question and answer session at the end was simply that. They didn't cover LinkedIn profiles except as an answer to a question.

If you wanted to listen to this seminar and use the information to just do it yourself, you totally could. I took notes, and screenshots of the example CVS they showed and today I have plenty of information to re-write my CV into one of the styles shown. However, I'm likely to buy the service because I can't be arsed, I know they will do a better job than me and they will also do my LinkedIn profile. The price is less than my last daily rate and if it makes the next contract happen one day sooner than it will be worth it.

Comment

Working...
            X