• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

re: Continue To Apply For Other Roles When Having Already Accepted A Role Verbally

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: Continue To Apply For Other Roles When Having Already Accepted A Role Verbally

Hi all,

The background is that I have verbally accepted a contract, but I am still waiting for the contract to be sent to me.

In this situation, would other contractors continue to apply for other roles, or wait based on a verbal confirmation?

Kind regards,

Nick

unleash the nluk-bot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Plonitus View Post
      Hi all,

The background is that I have verbally accepted a contract, but I am still waiting for the contract to be sent to me.

In this situation, would other contractors continue to apply for other roles, or wait based on a verbal confirmation?

Kind regards,

Nick
      Why would you look and possibly deprive another contractor a role, you are a selfish bar steward if you do keep looking
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Why would you look and possibly deprive another contractor a role, you are a selfish bar steward if you do keep looking
        If he found another role, he would be kindly and generously making the verbally-agreed role available to another contractor. What a guy.

Keep looking, you don't have a contract until you have a contract. Actually, you don't even have it until you've started. Anything can go wrong and sometimes does. If you get another interview and then the contract comes along, you can always cancel that interview. If you get another offer WITH A CONTRACT you can accept that offer and tell them you've had another offer and they've fiddled around too long getting you the contract, sorry. Or, if you still prefer the first offer, you can phone and say, 'I've had another offer and they've given me the contract. I'd rather go with this one I've agreed, are you intending to get me the contract today?'

If they get you the contract in a timely fashion they'll be in ahead of anything you might pursue today. So looking for something else today is just insurance in case they jerk you around by dragging out the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Plonitus View Post
          Hi all,

Kind regards,

Nick
          Keep looking until the first invoice is signed.

Comment

Not Intentiona

Not my intention to play games.

Another way to re-phrase, how long does it normally to receive the written contract after the agent has verbally confirmed you have won the role?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Keep looking until the first invoice is signed.
              you sign invoices? How quaint.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I would whole heartedly disagree with this.

Nothing is confirmed until a contract is signed and legs are under tables.

There are enough threads here citing people's upset that that which had been verbally offered, agreed, and confirmed is then at the 11th hour, retracted.

If deprivation is indeed anything to be considered, the bloody contractor will only (likely) take on the one role, so the one not taken goes back into the pot. And anyway, if a contractor Can swing two roles, this is called the Nature of Business. Not Uncharitable Deprivation.

Grief!

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                  I would whole heartedly disagree with this.

Nothing is confirmed until a contract is signed and legs are under tables.

There are enough threads here citing people's upset that that which had been verbally offered, agreed, and confirmed is then at the 11th hour, retracted.

If deprivation is indeed anything to be considered, the bloody contractor will only (likely) take on the one role, so the one not taken goes back into the pot. And anyway, if a contractor Can swing two roles, this is called the Nature of Business. Not Uncharitable Deprivation.

Grief!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Oh Cr@p. Sorry!

Comment

Working...
                    X