• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividends Salary Investments - Stupid questions!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    This doesn't smell like an attempt to dodge tax at all!

No, there isn't.
    Is it ok to keep company money (even the money due for CT and VAT) on a company savings account, no?

This usually pays 1% a year at best but still...
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
      Is it ok to keep company money (even the money due for CT and VAT) on a company savings account, no?

RateSetter (or similar) - allows Ltd Co investment accounts and potentially better returns (your Ltd's cash is at risk, etc...)

Comment

Sure, you can have a savings account but the OP said Invest in. which I took to mean something other than a bog-standard business savings account.

But the rates are so low it's going to make very little difference in the great big scheme of things.

Comment

Sure, you can have a savings account but the OP said Invest in. which I took to mean something other than a bog-standard business savings account.

But the rates are so low it's going to make very little difference in the great big scheme of things.
          With all due respect OP doesn't really know what s(he) is talking about. Investing is long term game, looks like OP is mainly interested in "harnessing" the money due to Hector with quick access when the VAT/CT bill is due. To which the only viable option is a savings account.

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
          RateSetter (or similar) - allows Ltd Co investment accounts and potentially better returns (your Ltd's cash is at risk, etc...)
          Ratesetter and similar P2P lending schemes are in decline. It's getting harder and harder to get your money out, when you add in the inherent risk of losing the capital, not really something I would recommend putting CT/VAT money into.

Comment

Yes, I agree... was thinking about companies accumulating money for several years. 1% always helps to minimise the 'lost' due to inflation...

Comment

Pay your corporation tax early and get 0.5% interest on that.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanDS View Post
                Pay your corporation tax early and get 0.5% interest on that.
                My worst business savings account pays my co 1%

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  My worst business savings account pays my co 1%
                  Which one (s) pay more than that?

Comment

Most fixed savings accounts will, like this one from VM 1-year fix at 1.75%

Comment

Mine are with Aldermore
                      Business Savings Accounts - Aldermore Bank

Comment

Working...
                      X