• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spring Technology

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Technology

Anyone ever got a response to gigs they are advertising?

I applied for one last year - heard nowt.

It's popped up again but the number on the AD doesn't work - goes to an auto message that extension is not available.

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Anyone ever got a response to gigs they are advertising?

I applied for one last year - heard nowt.

It's popped up again but the number on the AD doesn't work - goes to an auto message that extension is not available.
    Well they definitely exist because I've been to their office in Edinburgh. Probably some illiterate resourcer who uploaded the ad & put the wrong number in. Wouldn't be the first time.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Spring are a fairly large agency.
      The post is probably already filled, or doesn't exist and they're harvesting CVs.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

They are fairly large and well established, part of the Adecco group. I had a gig through them back in 2016 and my current gig is through them as well. Both came from Jobserve ads.

Nothing extraordinary bad or good about them.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          They are fairly large and well established, part of the Adecco group. I had a gig through them back in 2016 and my current gig is through them as well. Both came from Jobserve ads.

Nothing extraordinary bad or good about them.
          Exactly same. Was quite a bit before 2016 though.

Heard nothing and going to dead numbers is standard fare for agents. Nothing new there at all. If the number is in the jobserve ad it's just there to fill a box and stop you ring them direct.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If the recruiters name is on the ad google him/her and look on linkedin. I found several phone numbers this

Comment

Weren't they originally Myriad Consulting?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                If the recruiters name is on the ad google him/her and look on linkedin. I found several phone numbers this
                I tried that and sent them a message quoting the ref with a connection request. They denied my connection. I know it's daft but WTAF is the story here?

I don't get their business model where they advertise a role, and specify a named recruiter but block all attempts to contact them?

FWIW I do have the skills for their (probably non-existent) contract.

And obviously if there ever was a gig I won't be getting it.

But now I am curious about what the exactual flip they think they are doing.
                Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 11 September 2019, 12:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  I tried that and sent them a message quoting the ref with a connection request. They denied my connection. I know it's daft but WTAF is the story here?

I don't get their business model where they advertise a role, and specify a named recruiter but block all attempts to contact them?

FWIW I do have the skills for their (probably non-existent) contract.

And obviously if there ever was a gig I won't be getting it.

But now I am curious about what the exactual flip they think they are doing.
                  Yeah I've found that too. Or they don't have a number on their LinkedIn. Idiots. Why not just apply on jobserve?
                  If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                    Yeah I've found that too. Or they don't have a number on their LinkedIn. Idiots. Why not just apply on jobserve?
                    I've done that - like I did last time, but I wanted to talk to an actual person about the role, and now I have become curious about the role, since I suspect I know who the client is.

Comment

Working...
                    X