• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spring Technology

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the agent is a certain Mr C then you won't hear back about interviews you go to either
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

OK - finally managed to speak to Mr Angry recruiter. It seems that they publish emails and phone numbers and neither of them work. I even tried their main switchboard and got nowhere. He asked why I didn't leave him a voicemail - because I couldn't!!!! I am blacklisted but not interested in working for someone who attacks me for highlighting that they can't even get the most basic thing right - i.e. how is anyone meant to contact them when their phones and e-mail don't work?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        OK - finally managed to speak to Mr Angry recruiter. It seems that they publish emails and phone numbers and neither of them work. I even tried their main switchboard and got nowhere. He asked why I didn't leave him a voicemail - because I couldn't!!!! I am blacklisted but not interested in working for someone who attacks me for highlighting that they can't even get the most basic thing right - i.e. how is anyone meant to contact them when their phones and e-mail don't work?
        What do you mean by blacklisted?

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          What do you mean by blacklisted?
          No such thing - if an agent thinks they can earn money off you, they'll not do something so daft

Comment

Ahem I might just have asked in another forum if anyone had any knowledge of the company or any contacts, and I might just have mentioned that it was impossible to speak to anyone and tagged the named recuiter. Which did lead to him saying I was childish and unprofessional and taking the fact I had highlighted publicly it as a personal slight against him.

He babbled about it being childish and unprofessional and that he couldn't put me forward to the client for that reason.

It is quite funny being accused of being childish and unprofessional by a pimp who's company can't even put a working e-mail or phone number in their ads.

I don't think I'll be getting this gig which is a shame as it's local.

As he was keen to tell me he is the sole MSP and I mentioned the client name perhaps he's worried that they will find out their sole MSP is advertising gigs you can't actually apply for.

{edit}
            And........we've agreed to start again.

I have deleted all my social media posts and he's looking at my CV.

I bet I don't get the gig still but anyhoo.
            Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 11 September 2019, 14:49.

Comment

Ahem I might just have asked in another forum if anyone had any knowledge of the company or any contacts, and I might just have mentioned that it was impossible to speak to anyone and tagged the named recuiter. Which did lead to him saying I was childish and unprofessional and taking the fact I had highlighted publicly it as a personal slight against him.

He babbled about it being childish and unprofessional and that he couldn't put me forward to the client for that reason.

It is quite funny being accused of being childish and unprofessional by a pimp who's company can't even put a working e-mail or phone number in their ads.

I don't think I'll be getting this gig which is a shame as it's local.

As he was keen to tell me he is the sole MSP and I mentioned the client name perhaps he's worried that they will find out their sole MSP is advertising gigs you can't actually apply for.
              Why do I have the feeling there is more to the story...

I thought you couldn't get in touch with him, the you claim you know the name of the Client, and he is claiming to be the sole MSP?? (do you mean PS?) which indicates you have had some contact after all.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                Why do I have the feeling there is more to the story...

I thought you couldn't get in touch with him, the you claim you know the name of the Client, and he is claiming to be the sole MSP?? (do you mean PS?) which indicates you have had some contact after all.

Because you have missed this bit -

Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke
                OK - finally managed to speak to Mr Angry recruiter.

And I already knew who the client was because I know the market.
                Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 11 September 2019, 15:32.

Comment

{edit}
                  And........we've agreed to start again.

I have deleted all my social media posts and he's looking at my CV.

I bet I don't get the gig still but anyhoo.
                  Did you kiss his a*se?
                  If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                    Did you kiss his a*se?
                    Not quite but with a bit of luck I'll get an offer which I can turn down (of a gig not anything to do with arses).

Comment

Not quite but with a bit of luck I'll get an offer which I can turn down (of a gig not anything to do with arses).
                      If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Working...
                      X