Spring Technology Spring Technology - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11

    Contractor Among Contractors

    PerfectStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Yes, I have asked my accountant.
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    If the agent is a certain Mr C then you won't hear back about interviews you go to either

  2. #12

    Default

    OK - finally managed to speak to Mr Angry recruiter. It seems that they publish emails and phone numbers and neither of them work. I even tried their main switchboard and got nowhere. He asked why I didn't leave him a voicemail - because I couldn't!!!! I am blacklisted but not interested in working for someone who attacks me for highlighting that they can't even get the most basic thing right - i.e. how is anyone meant to contact them when their phones and e-mail don't work?

  3. #13

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    OK - finally managed to speak to Mr Angry recruiter. It seems that they publish emails and phone numbers and neither of them work. I even tried their main switchboard and got nowhere. He asked why I didn't leave him a voicemail - because I couldn't!!!! I am blacklisted but not interested in working for someone who attacks me for highlighting that they can't even get the most basic thing right - i.e. how is anyone meant to contact them when their phones and e-mail don't work?
    What do you mean by blacklisted?

  4. #14

    Super poster

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    What do you mean by blacklisted?
    No such thing - if an agent thinks they can earn money off you, they'll not do something so daft

  5. #15

    Default

    Ahem I might just have asked in another forum if anyone had any knowledge of the company or any contacts, and I might just have mentioned that it was impossible to speak to anyone and tagged the named recuiter. Which did lead to him saying I was childish and unprofessional and taking the fact I had highlighted publicly it as a personal slight against him.

    He babbled about it being childish and unprofessional and that he couldn't put me forward to the client for that reason.

    It is quite funny being accused of being childish and unprofessional by a pimp who's company can't even put a working e-mail or phone number in their ads.

    I don't think I'll be getting this gig which is a shame as it's local.

    As he was keen to tell me he is the sole MSP and I mentioned the client name perhaps he's worried that they will find out their sole MSP is advertising gigs you can't actually apply for.

    {edit}
    And........we've agreed to start again.

    I have deleted all my social media posts and he's looking at my CV.

    I bet I don't get the gig still but anyhoo.
    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 11th September 2019 at 14:49.

  6. #16

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Ahem I might just have asked in another forum if anyone had any knowledge of the company or any contacts, and I might just have mentioned that it was impossible to speak to anyone and tagged the named recuiter. Which did lead to him saying I was childish and unprofessional and taking the fact I had highlighted publicly it as a personal slight against him.

    He babbled about it being childish and unprofessional and that he couldn't put me forward to the client for that reason.

    It is quite funny being accused of being childish and unprofessional by a pimp who's company can't even put a working e-mail or phone number in their ads.

    I don't think I'll be getting this gig which is a shame as it's local.

    As he was keen to tell me he is the sole MSP and I mentioned the client name perhaps he's worried that they will find out their sole MSP is advertising gigs you can't actually apply for.
    Why do I have the feeling there is more to the story...

    I thought you couldn't get in touch with him, the you claim you know the name of the Client, and he is claiming to be the sole MSP?? (do you mean PS?) which indicates you have had some contact after all.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    Why do I have the feeling there is more to the story...

    I thought you couldn't get in touch with him, the you claim you know the name of the Client, and he is claiming to be the sole MSP?? (do you mean PS?) which indicates you have had some contact after all.

    Because you have missed this bit -

    Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke
    OK - finally managed to speak to Mr Angry recruiter.

    And I already knew who the client was because I know the market.
    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 11th September 2019 at 15:32.

  8. #18

    Still gathering requirements...

    KinooOrKinog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

    {edit}
    And........we've agreed to start again.

    I have deleted all my social media posts and he's looking at my CV.

    I bet I don't get the gig still but anyhoo.
    Did you kiss his a*se?

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
    Did you kiss his a*se?
    Not quite but with a bit of luck I'll get an offer which I can turn down (of a gig not anything to do with arses).

  10. #20

    Still gathering requirements...

    KinooOrKinog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Not quite but with a bit of luck I'll get an offer which I can turn down (of a gig not anything to do with arses).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •