• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free Agent - Open banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big banks will have it sorted, my NatWest was switched at a click of a button (handy as FreeAgent and NatWest are both owned by RBS), I get the feeling my Aldermore feed won't work after the weekend though
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
      Erm. Not sure this is true. A couple of days ago I got this response from them:

“We are expecting the feeds to continue to be provided via our 3rd party feeds provider Yodlee until such time that they withdraw these - this should be once Metro bank support feeds via their own banking platform for Open Banking.

If for any reason the feeds are withdrawn by Yodlee before we are able to offer support for the feeds via open banking then you will need to upload transactions like this - Upload bank transactions”

If for any reason the feeds are withdrawn by Yodlee before we are able to offer support for the feeds via open banking then you will need to upload transactions like this - Upload bank transactions

Exactly... so it becomes a manual process.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Not much help but I switched over with Santander just before the weekend. First feed missed some transactions and then no feed for a couple of days. Mailed accountant and as usual, just before he replied saying it can take a day or two, it started working again.

Surprised Cater Allen and Virgin are having problems though.
        Do you only have current account with Santander or do you have savings as well ? I'm having issues getting my savings account to connect via open banking feed. I go through the registration process and I can only see an option for my business current account.

Though when I login via Santander's website, I can see both my current and savings using the same login credentials.

Didn't have this issue with Yoddle.

Comment

I haven't been able to get past the authentication stage of setting up an open banking link to Santander. Very frustrating.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
            Do you only have current account with Santander or do you have savings as well ? I'm having issues getting my savings account to connect via open banking feed. I go through the registration process and I can only see an option for my business current account.

Though when I login via Santander's website, I can see both my current and savings using the same login credentials.

Didn't have this issue with Yoddle.
            Both but must admit I dont use the savings account so never checked it. I will have a look later.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gnarledcontractor View Post
              If for any reason the feeds are withdrawn by Yodlee before we are able to offer support for the feeds via open banking then you will need to upload transactions like this - Upload bank transactions

Exactly... so it becomes a manual process.
              But:

“this should be once Metro bank support feeds via their own banking platform for Open Banking.”

Appreciate that your talking about Cater Allen but it sound like they’re not just going to bin the old connections just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                The big banks will have it sorted, my NatWest was switched at a click of a button (handy as FreeAgent and NatWest are both owned by RBS)
                Do we actually need to switch over to OB if only have NatWest feeds? I thought it was only a Yodlee issue and NatWest don't use Yodlee. I don't want to fix what ain't broke.
                Last edited by kryten22uk; 12 September 2019, 16:29. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  I haven't been able to get past the authentication stage of setting up an open banking link to Santander. Very frustrating.
                  Ok, so I have spoken to a very helpful chap called "Calum" at Santander who will issue me with new, updated authentication details for my account. He explained that the existing details are correct for online banking, but that a new set would be required for this new, third-party, integration.

So there we go...
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Managed to connect my Santander current account but savings accounts don’t seem to be supported

Comment

Unsurprisingly the Coop are not participating in the Open Banking scheme.

So I have to put up with the dickheads from Yodlee and FreeAgent support (who just keep blaming Yodlee) as to why my Bank Feed isn't working (since f**king June!)

/rant over

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X