• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free Agent - Open banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Ok, so I have spoken to a very helpful chap called "Calum" at Santander who will issue me with new, updated authentication details for my account. He explained that the existing details are correct for on-line banking, but that a new set would be required for this new, third-party, integration.

So there we go...
    New security details. Account now linked. A small victory as we crash toward the end of another week on the bench.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      I use HSBC and the switch over to Open Banking took less than 5 minutes. It has been working seemless since I switched over a week ago.
      The only issue I have is that the HSBC OB feed (at circa 08:00 give or take 30mins) is based on yesterday’s end of day balance position. Of course that makes sense, but I previously uploaded “this morning’s” transactions at circa 08:30 each morning’s and then they were reconciled that day.

With the OB feed I have to wait a day.

It’s no big deal, just reminds me of a big issue we had when I worked at a bank and we moved their banking transactions feed from batch to real-time and the mess it caused in reverse!

Comment

Just moved over to Starling. Great bank.

Comment

Just had an email today from FreeAgent support that their 3rd party provider, Yodlee, are now no longer supporting my bank feed with the Coop.

Had this issue since June and am getting no help so seriously considering changing everything now. Accountant recommendations that use a software package like FreeAgent but isn't FreeAgent but can still do bank feeds with the Coop?

Is Quickbooks any good?

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            Just had an email today from FreeAgent support that their 3rd party provider, Yodlee, are now no longer supporting my bank feed with the Coop.

Had this issue since June and am getting no help so seriously considering changing everything now. Accountant recommendations that use a software package like FreeAgent but isn't FreeAgent but can still do bank feeds with the Coop?

Is Quickbooks any good?

qh
            Maybe just dump the Coop, eh?
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              Maybe just dump the Coop, eh?
              Nice idea, never considered that.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Is Quickbooks any good?

qh
                You'll probably find most online accounting providers moving away from Yodlee in favour of open banking feeds - I have a suspicion they may be forced to. I know Yodlee are reputable but let's face it, their "hand over your login details and we'll screen scrape" approach has always been a bit dodgy.

I'd second the advice above - if your bank has dropped the ball in rolling out open banking feeds, switch to one that has or supports direct integration using the FreeAgent API (like Starling).

Comment

Is Quickbooks any good?

qh
                  Why not swap to an business account that has open banking support?

If your iPhone doesn't work with the ball and twine you are using, why replace the modern tech and keep the legacy kit?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                  X