• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free Agent - Open banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Agent - Open banking

Spoke to Free Agent yesterday, and I have been working with their automatic bank feeds for some time now via Yodlee.
    It appears that from 14th September this is all changing to an Open Banking standard ratified by the EU. As a result, the Free Agent guy said that I will need to switch back to a manual feed for
    Virgin and Cater Allen accounts. Which is a colossal PITA. There are a few banks on the list such as NatWest, RBS etc who are using the new standard but many are not.

Their adviser (who sounded a little wet behind the ears) said that they hadn't heard back from a lot of banks about this and hence were only able to offer the new integration for a select few.

Anyone on these boards (maybe Free Agent themselves) able to advise on any drive from other banks to get on board with this standard and hence allow Free Agent integration again?

Not much help but I switched over with Santander just before the weekend. First feed missed some transactions and then no feed for a couple of days. Mailed accountant and as usual, just before he replied saying it can take a day or two, it started working again.

Surprised Cater Allen and Virgin are having problems though.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Virgin got bought by Clydesdale and probably have bigger fish to fry in IT than sorting out open banking.

Comment

I use HSBC and the switch over to Open Banking took less than 5 minutes. It has been working seemless since I switched over a week ago.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

This is a unmentionable PITA. Gone from about 50% of my accounts supported via Yodlee to zero via open banking. ******* *******

Comment

Another good argument for moving banks IMO. I imagine FreeAgent are obliged to do this (is it something to do with the new Strong Customer Authentication thing?). There's no real excuse for banks to not be offering open banking integration by now. Move to one who does (or supports integration with FreeAgent in other ways, like Starling).

Comment

Looking at the technical specification, it uses OAuth2 via an access token so it shouldn't be beyond the bounds of a technical solution for FreeAgent to provide
              connectivity by getting claims and authorization. Then it should be a straight call to a rest api with the token consisting of the proper claims.

This is the one for Cater Allen Open Banking..
              API Store - AccountsInformationAPI

The alternative is a third party feed if you're with people like Tide etc...

Comment

Originally posted by gnarledcontractor View Post
                Spoke to Free Agent yesterday, and I have been working with their automatic bank feeds for some time now via Yodlee.
                It appears that from 14th September this is all changing to an Open Banking standard ratified by the EU. As a result, the Free Agent guy said that I will need to switch back to a manual feed for
                Virgin and Cater Allen accounts. Which is a colossal PITA. There are a few banks on the list such as NatWest, RBS etc who are using the new standard but many are not.

Their adviser (who sounded a little wet behind the ears) said that they hadn't heard back from a lot of banks about this and hence were only able to offer the new integration for a select few.

Anyone on these boards (maybe Free Agent themselves) able to advise on any drive from other banks to get on board with this standard and hence allow Free Agent integration again?

I just last week setup an automatic feed between caterallen and free agent so not sure why he's saying manual

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
                  I just last week setup an automatic feed between caterallen and free agent so not sure why he's saying manual
                  Read that post again carefully. Open banking feeds are currently provided by N of M banks. Cater Allen is not one of the N. The connection you configured is provided by Yodlee, a third party, and that feed is going to die on Saturday.

Comment

Erm. Not sure this is true. A couple of days ago I got this response from them:

“We are expecting the feeds to continue to be provided via our 3rd party feeds provider Yodlee until such time that they withdraw these - this should be once Metro bank support feeds via their own banking platform for Open Banking.

If for any reason the feeds are withdrawn by Yodlee before we are able to offer support for the feeds via open banking then you will need to upload transactions like this - Upload bank transactions”

Comment

Working...
                    X