• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment Agency Dispute - Misrepresentation and Misconduct

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does your contract (with the new agency) say in terms of..... oh hang on I see a problem here.

Its unfortunate but an offer is worthless without a contract, lets look at it two ways.

The contract with your current gig which ends on the 31st October, I would imagine had come clause which allowed yo to give notice. Therefore all parties are abiding with the contract.

On the other hand, you have an email.........

Expensive lesson but well done for getting 5 days out of them, as an aside I would keep the contact details of he hiring manager and ping them a message saying when you are looking again please get in touch
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Take the 5 days and see if your old contract will take you back for any of the notice period.

Comment

Do be aware that you could easily lose that incredibly fortunate 5 day payment chasing the agency down a rabbit hole.

Move on, look for new gigs.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Thank you all for your advice and for not being too harsh on me.

Yes, I will take some valuable lessons learnt and adapt my behaviours going forward, as a result of this experience.

The more contractors I have spoken to, the more I have realised and understood that this behaviour is very common in recruitment however, it's not necessarily a hot topic.

Thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by Carmel84 View Post
            Thank you all for your advice and for not being too harsh on me.

Yes, I will take some valuable lessons learnt and adapt my behaviours going forward, as a result of this experience.

The more contractors I have spoken to, the more I have realised and understood that this behaviour is very common in recruitment however, it's not necessarily a hot topic.

Thank you again
            Were his lips moving? He's lying.

And I can guarantee, the agent thought he was doing nothing wrong in all this. He was trying to make sure you were on the hook, ready to join the moment the end client got approval. All that mattered to him was the money.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              Were his lips moving? He's lying.

And I can guarantee, the agent thought he was doing nothing wrong in all this. He was trying to make sure you were on the hook, ready to join the moment the end client got approval. All that mattered to him was the money.
              At least part of this sentence could also apply to most contractors...

Comment

Working...
              X