• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Been offered a perm role - but what's this 20% in their calculations?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Sure. But at some point, someone will have decided that, for the op's organisation, 20% is the deduction. Others might choose 22%. Or 50%. There's no industry standard. That's from my experience in working in large companies for several decades...

The OP's statement "Yet no one can explain that 20% deduction" is a bit odd. Yeah. No-one can, because HR have made it up. Whether they've made up by rolling dice, or in depth analysis of the industry is kind of moot. You'll be offered what you're offered - you've been given some kind of heads up what the offer will be, and it seems reasonable - all else is negotiation. Who cares where they got their formula from?
    You complain about 'precision' earlier, yet then say "who cares where they got the formula from?"

lol

Comment

Originally posted by gypsymoth View Post
      You complain about 'precision' earlier, yet then say "who cares where they got the formula from?"

lol
      To be honest, NotAllThere probably expected you to be of a higher caliber if you can't simply write a formula. 20% is *0.8 for your formula.

The HR department use a standard model for a large company but with the usual variance, depending on the role, grading and moon phase.

Given your posts I'd take the permanent role, as I can't see elsewhere offering you this. However I expect such tripe from a big4 consultant.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
        To be honest, NotAllThere probably expected you to be of a higher caliber if you can't simply write a formula. 20% is *0.8 for your formula.

The HR department use a standard model for a large company but with the usual variance, depending on the role, grading and moon phase.

Given your posts I'd take the permanent role, as I can't see elsewhere offering you this. However I expect such tripe from a big4 consultant.
        Lovely that you've gone into bat for him, but he's not going to kiss you mate.

Comment

Lovely that you've gone into bat for him, but he's not going to kiss you mate.
          big consultancy.
          arrogant.
          krap at maths.

it's a Powerpoint Monkey !!

worth 25K at least.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            big consultancy.
            arrogant.
            krap at maths.

it's a Powerpoint Monkey !!

worth 25K at least.
            Interesting how a couple of people managed to understand the original post and respond in a helpful, adult way.... but a couple of people couldn't manage that and tried - unsuccessfully - to have a pop and appear smart. Their failures get pointed out, then a few sycophants jump to their defence. Kind of tragic, but everyone needs a hobby.

Anyway, thank you to those that responded

Comment

lol
              Right... well that's very logical. Anyway - thread off topic now, you've got your answer. Closed.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X