• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bittersweet Boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    As long as the invoice goes in before 6th April (unless doing cash accounting but I don't know whay anyone would do that).
    Wrong. Based on the thoughts of the professionals on here who have assessed the legislation, its the payment date, not the invoice date, that dictates which contacts are covered.

It might turn out that HMRC don't actually implement their investigations that way, but each individual needs to make a decision that based on their own attitude to risk.
    Last edited by Paralytic; 17 September 2019, 11:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Wrong. Based on the thoughts of the professionals on here who have assessed the legislation, its the payment date, not the invoice date, that dictates which contacts are covered.

It might turn out that HMRC don't actually implement their investigations that way, but each individual needs to make a decision that based on their own attitude to risk.
      OK. That surprises me. It's not an opinion I've heard before.

NOTE: There is no legislation to assess yet. There is a draft but it's not law, nor even a bill.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        I wouldn't bother with that. Nobody cares if you're current if you've been doing it for years.
        I'm not sure that many care about Prince 2 any more these days either, but if you're new to the market it helps then.
        6 months as a PM but 4 years PMO experience before that.

It's more a backup in case I need to run back to perm work where they care more about up to date qualifications. Prince 2 is still one of the most requested in job specs I've been reading, especially perm roles. I'll be doing an Agile one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Interesting to hear. I get paid weekly so maybe i'll take a weeks holiday at the end of contract to make sure it's all paid up by end of tax year.

Comment

Working...
          X