• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent wants sole agency rights before the role is live

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Totally get that and good you are doing your diligence. I'm struggling to see what the benefits of playing hardball is in this situation when the downside is the possibility of losing the gig.

That said they wanted you so you've got some position power.
    Playing hardball in a tough market environment as well

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
      If an agency tells me about the role first, they think of me and contact me first before other agencies , then I believe they deserve to be my sole agency for that role... they did the ground work, and found me suitable, and in any case you must not be submitted via several agencies... yes it maybe a trick to stop you applying through others against their candidates, but its a risk one needs to take, and frankly the second or third agency can also play this trick on you.

Just ask them to send you confirmation email that they have submitted you for the role.
      Nonsense. Agencies don't "find you suitable". You're pattern matched to the role description from words on your CV. Any monkey can get "matched" by agencies. That's why client's insist on interviewing you after they have shortlisted your CV.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        Hi all,

Agency tricks again. Had a couple of these lately, is this a new one?

Agent calls up about this great role, only problem is that it isn't live yet, no job reference, and all they have is a sample role description based on a similar one placed with the same client...
        In this and indeed any market, it really isn't worth the principle, no matter your suspicions.

Give them the authorisation, keep the ball rolling, follow up, and in the meantime, try to target and reach said target a number of CVs per day that (you believe) go past the agent and to the end client.

Thereby, the game continues to be played and the options open.

Comment

Working...
        X