• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

day rate for Saudi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day rate for Saudi

What is a good all in day rate to work in Saudi?

Anyone been recently can comment on costs?

3000 USD/day, body armour, two minders at all times, no passport retention, exit visa prestamped.

carry passport and 5000USD cash at all times in case you need to exit the kingdom fast.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      3000 USD/day, body armour, two minders at all times, no passport retention, exit visa prestamped.

carry passport and 5000USD cash at all times in case you need to exit the kingdom fast.
      Well that sounds like a right laugh...
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Have a look on gulftalent and compare the rates. I think you'll be very disappointed.

The days of massive rates for gulf work is long gone.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Have a look on gulftalent and compare the rates. I think you'll be very disappointed.

The days of massive rates for gulf work is long gone.
          mostly rates not listed... they just say competitive...

has nobody actually worked in the gulf recently and able to comment on likely rates/ranges/etc

cheers

Comment

Idea for a new thread: "My client has said they're driving me out to the desert to give me a days notice. Can I expense the travel?"

or "If I get chained to the client's own radiator am I inside IR35?"
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              Idea for a new thread: "My client has said they're driving me out to the desert to give me a days notice. Can I expense the travel?"

or "If I get chained to the client's own radiator am I inside IR35?"
              lol

come on folks, I know this forum is full of mickey taking, is there really no hope at all of getting some reasonable rates/costs estimates out of anyone? lol I guess not

Comment

That is not the BOOM! you are looking for.

See if you can get 100% WFH.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                  lol

come on folks, I know this forum is full of mickey taking, is there really no hope at all of getting some reasonable rates/costs estimates out of anyone? lol I guess not
                  I usually reckon general requires 9 rubbish posts to get 1 good one. Sad to see B/C has sunk to that level.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                    mostly rates not listed... they just say competitive...

has nobody actually worked in the gulf recently and able to comment on likely rates/ranges/etc

cheers
                    Oh? Bugger. Haven't looked for a long while. When I was active on there the rates were comparable to working here or less so gave up with it.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X