• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where have all the pimps gone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where have all the pimps gone?

Normally, when I start my extensive regime of replying to tons of job ads on all of the main IT job portals as well as submitting CVs to a ton of individual agencies, I least get a few phone calls. As yet, not a squeak out of them!

When was the last time you applied? About 3 years ago I noticed agents just stopped calling. I asked an agent I knew and they said they were just deluged with CVs.

These days I just tend to use agents I know.

Comment

Probably all gone back to their original post-uni jobs of working behind the bar at Walkabout.

Comment

At least one agency seems to "lose" all emails and phone calls and presumably therefore CVs too.

I currently have the opposite problem (pimps) seem to want to chat endlessly on the phone but actually they are all chasing the same two or three gigs. Ring me when you have some work please.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          When was the last time you applied? About 3 years ago I noticed agents just stopped calling. I asked an agent I knew and they said they were just deluged with CVs.

These days I just tend to use agents I know.
          This is now my third day applying like there is no tomorrow... WTF... never seen this before!

Comment

Pretty much all medium/large agencies will employ ATS for initial CV filtering... have you checked your CV for compatibility?

Oh, and the market's in the toilet across a range of skills this year.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

The pimps haven't gone anywhere, still hanging about trying to pick over any carcass still lying about in the dust. The market has absolutely tanked in the last 4 months or so. Normally the downturn coincides with an official recession and job losses in the wider economy but this time it has hit IT contract market first. Very uncertain times ahead especially the April 2020 timing.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                Pretty much all medium/large agencies will employ ATS for initial CV filtering... have you checked your CV for compatibility?

Oh, and the market's in the toilet across a range of skills this year.

Didn't know about ATS. I did need to make some adjustments but my CV wasn't that far away. Will see next week once I've updated it all platforms.

Not One call today

Comment

Afghanistan
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

The only time I tend to encounter them is via LinkedIn, usually for a full time role or a contract role in Belgium (that may change come 1st Nov).

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X