• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor IT/BA Trainers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor IT/BA Trainers

Any Trainers here? I have a query from a lady who wants to retrain as a BA/IT analyst, but she has been not working for a few years now because of her young kids, now that they started school, she is looking to reskill, so I suggested training to refresh her old skills.... anyone has a good suggestion where she can start ?

I would definitely recommend TCC Agile Business Analysis (AgileBA) Training Courses | TCC

I did agile BA with them but they do the BSC BA courses as well.

And don't dismiss Udemy, you can get their course for a tenner if you open one of their ads. It will give you base knowledge.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Thanks cojak, was thinking of PMing you anyway as I know you were a trainer and took training yourself. Will PM you re her.

Comment

One word of warning: the BA market is saturated. It seems like every man and their dog has BA on their CV these days and the clients are getting very specific about what they're looking for... it may be best to look elsewhere, or to train toward a specific niche.

HTH.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

A better suggestion would be to go perm. Having some training does not make a contractor. training != skills & experience
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            A better suggestion would be to go perm. Having some training does not make a contractor. training != skills & experience
            I'd go further and suggest seeking a company willing to take on career changers and train them up.

I saw the following just yesterday after seeing someone asking a similar career change question on reddit or some other forum I peruse.

Technology Development Programme | Nationwide Jobs

Seems as good an approach as any if you want an actual job out of it. Note I'm not personally recommending Nationwide as I have had no dealings with them at all, not even as a customer. I'm sure there are other big companies taking a similar proactive approach in finding skilled staff to fill their niches.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Yeah, but a real contractor can blag the interview and learn on the job.

Comment

It certainly doesn't make a BA; the 'trained' ones I've worked with have been inflexible, methodology robots.

But it may be better than nothing to get a foot in the door. The real learning will happen on the job, away from the books and powerpoint.
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

A better suggestion would be

Forget it BA/PM roles that have been plentiful in the last 10 years are no more (unless you know your old boss)

Forget it

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    A better suggestion would be

Forget it BA/PM roles that have been plentiful in the last 10 years are no more (unless you know your old boss)

Forget it
                    I've seen this mentioned a few time here (not sure if all by you). Why do you say this? Have these roles just gone away?

Comment

Working...
                    X