• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barclays forcing all contractors to go PAYE by February 2020

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angrybunny View Post
    I'm at HSBC and been told all contractors who are to be extended will be on PAYE from January with no rate increases. Seems a lot of confusion and conflicting information at the moment.
    No confusion really. Decision was made to not engage any resource operating via ltd company from end of feb. This policy extends to external vendors like Sapient etc as well.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Angrybunny View Post
      I'm at HSBC and been told all contractors who are to be extended will be on PAYE from January with no rate increases. Seems a lot of confusion and conflicting information at the moment.
      No confusion just means all contracts will be inside ir35 and no increase in daily rate by what you stated.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
        No confusion just means all contracts will be inside ir35 and no increase in daily rate by what you stated.
        The confusion is the ever changing decision, is what they mean I would guess. No LTD contractors past sept, now it’s jan. Go perm or leave now it’s go perm, leave or umbrella. Wrapped up in tulipty/lack of communication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
          You're the one that is confused here. There will be no Inside IR35 contracts because Barclays are no longer going to engage with PSCs (excluding any small number of exemptions that might be worked out for specific roles).

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            You're the one that is confused here. There will be no Inside IR35 contracts because Barclays are no longer going to engage with PSCs (excluding any small number of exemptions that might be worked out for specific roles).
            I think its HSBC that is causing confusion for the OP
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by TheInvoicer View Post
              The confusion is the ever changing decision, is what they mean I would guess. No LTD contractors past sept, now it’s jan. Go perm or leave now it’s go perm, leave or umbrella. Wrapped up in tulipty/lack of communication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I think most people will stay put in the role they have (lack of war chest), there really is nowhere else to go. Within financial services the die is cast, pretty much all clients are placing contractors inside and as we know the market in general is utterly terrible, there is a genuine lack of roles out there and its not going to get any better in the next 6 months - as someone said before if you have a role sit tight and wait it out, or sit at home and wait it out

Comment

Originally posted by Signo_cypher View Post
                I think most people will stay put in the role they have (lack of war chest), there really is nowhere else to go. Within financial services the die is cast, pretty much all clients are placing contractors inside and as we know the market in general is utterly terrible, there is a genuine lack of roles out there and its not going to get any better in the next 6 months - as someone said before if you have a role sit tight and wait it out, or sit at home and wait it out
                Not all, a few chaps I know that commute to London have said no as no expenses (and it costs them £800 a week) that would now need to come from net income, they would end up on about £19 an hour from a £500 day rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  Not all, a few chaps I know that commute to London have said no as no expenses (and it costs them £800 a week) that would now need to come from net income, they would end up on about £19 an hour from a £500 day rate.

Ouch. It's better to be perm! For me inside is fine but within local area (west mids). Anywhere else would need to be out, No way would I take that kind of hit.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

In times like these we all need to be resourceful and start cutting back. I’m sure the £800pw can be reduced.

Cut back on the luxuries, save the money, that will build the warchest, that’ll help when looking for a role closer to home.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
                      In times like these we all need to be resourceful and start cutting back. I’m sure the £800pw can be reduced.

Cut back on the luxuries, save the money, that will build the warchest, that’ll help when looking for a role closer to home.
                      £800 is the cut down rate !!!

£350 for flights (not the best timing flights, as they are £500+ each week even if booked months in advance) only leaves very basic hotel £80 a night + food + transport to airports )

Comment

Working...
                      X