• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barclays forcing all contractors to go PAYE by February 2020

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you think about it we are similar to MPs in that we often work far from home and have to do long hours. They never pay any tax on their expenses though, because they are special.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      If you think about it we are similar to MPs in that we often work far from home and have to do long hours. They never pay any tax on their expenses though, because they are special.
      Don't think that's true. Post the other day about a guy having to work till 6 and not one person on the read says they'd do that.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Don't think that's true. Post the other day about a guy having to work till 6 and not one person on the read says they'd do that.
        I did! Got rather mocked though...

Comment

Originally posted by Signo_cypher View Post
          as someone said before if you have a role sit tight and wait it out, or sit at home and wait it out
          Or go travelling to a few South East Asia countries that are cheap as chips and wait it out.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I would stay after 6 if there is work do be completed that can't wait for the next day and have done so numerous times, without moaning about "overtime".

I wouldn't stay until/after 6, just because the permies do so. If some manager at ClientCo has a problem with that, they are free to terminate my contract or not to sign my timsheets (which will have the same end result)

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
              No confusion just means all contracts will be inside ir35 and no increase in daily rate by what you stated.
              Going PAYE is not the same as inside IR35 is it? I’d be happier with inside as I don’t have a heap of expenses and would offset tax liability by maximising employers pension contribution

I’m in a gig currently and offered the PAYE option to take me to Q1 next year. Wondering if there are sensible steps to take to stay below the radar...eg Current contract is with agency X and considered to switch PAYE contract to agency to agency Y. Also any value getting contract reviewed by independent/ Qdos or is this meaningless if PAYE?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                £800 is the cut down rate !!!

£350 for flights (not the best timing flights, as they are £500+ each week even if booked months in advance) only leaves very basic hotel £80 a night + food + transport to airports )
                They can drive rather than fly.

They can try to find gigs closer to home.

They can think about relocating to a certain area if all/most of their gigs are in such area.

What I'm seeing in general is a lot of contractors just making excuses and complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by TygerTyger View Post
                  Going PAYE is not the same as inside IR35 is it? I’d be happier with inside as I don’t have a heap of expenses and would offset tax liability by maximising employers pension contribution

I’m in a gig currently and offered the PAYE option to take me to Q1 next year. Wondering if there are sensible steps to take to stay below the radar...eg Current contract is with agency X and considered to switch PAYE contract to agency to agency Y. Also any value getting contract reviewed by independent/ Qdos or is this meaningless if PAYE?
                  Hi TygerTyger,

Going PAYE is just one of the ways to get paid after April 2020. You can remain working through your ltd company as an inside-IR35 contractor (if the agency/client permits it), in which case the fee payer will pay you deemed employment payments.

It's really down to the preference of the contractors. If they wish to remain being seen as a 'business', then stick with inside-IR35 working.

Thanks

Zeeshan
                  Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Originally posted by DolanContractorGroup View Post
                    Hi TygerTyger,

Going PAYE is just one of the ways to get paid after April 2020. You can remain working through your ltd company as an inside-IR35 contractor (if the agency/client permits it), in which case the fee payer will pay you deemed employment payments.

It's really down to the preference of the contractors. If they wish to remain being seen as a 'business', then stick with inside-IR35 working.

Thanks

Zeeshan
                    Working "Inside IR35" and "Seen as a business" that not a classic oxymoron?

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                      Working "Inside IR35" and "Seen as a business" that not a classic oxymoron?

qh
                      Nope - as of now it's just a difference of opinion

You see yourself as a business sadly the client sees you as an employee.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X