• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract is making me ill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It's very simple. You leave, as soon as possible. Don't worry about burning bridges...
    Do this, now. You'll thanks us later. Seriously.
    Clarity is everything

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      For the sake of the contractors that are likely to come after you, make sure when you do leave you document the situation and email it to this manager and those above him.
      Come on, you can't be serious. "I'll tell your boss what I think about you...I'll just do it when I leave". That's what cowards do.

OP, since you've been professional and have got nothing to hide, you tell it to his face and to his manager while you're still there and then see what happens. The end result might be the same (you not working there anymore) but at least you've shown that contractors have got some balls and are not to be messed with.

Comment

Another vote for leave from me.

I wouldn't be working my nuts off either. Never do. If they want more than 8 hours on a regular basis then my attitude is "get another mug".

Client wants to get rid of me because I want do it? Go for it I really don't care. Theres always JSA.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

Always other gigs out there.

qh
          yep, especially after April 2020

Comment

You have to leave. No gig is worth this kind of stress and pain. Life’s too short to put up with this tulip.

Comment

Take all of the good advice on the thread, but in the meantime:-

* Work 8 hours then down tools and FORGET about work.
              * Log all your time against specific tasks, including time spent talking BS to this fool (and any other fools... log it under "fool time"). Log any other blockers and raise them.
              * learn to say "No, I have not finished yet mother f*cker" and show him the log if need be

Comment

Leave. And tulip in the kettle before you go [emoji23]
                If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                  Leave. And tulip in the kettle before you go [emoji23]
                  This.

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                    Leave. And tulip on the guy's desk before you go [emoji23]
                    alternatively?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      alternatively?
                      or his cycling shoe, if he's one of those?

Comment

Working...
                      X