• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract is making me ill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    There are a few of these places around, unfortunately ,i have been struggling with one of them as well. Some managers honestly don’t care, they’ll burn you down, put you in the ground and still sleep like a baby at night.
    What people haven’t mentioned is taking care of yourself: eat well(pick your food, spend extra on good restaurants... not local canteen or local pub, british pub food is crap). Do regular exercise, preferably start your day with it. F45 or any other gym that has team exercise... you’ll feel A lot better for the rest of the day. Spend enough time with your significant other. Also it might help to see the manager as a human being, he might be in a financial difficulty and dependant on his bonus, don’t know, he could be a greedy **** as well but, try to see his perspective. He is probably getting the pressure from somewhere.
    For the role, go with your instinct but whatever happens don’t blame it on you. Sometimes you can be better at spotting a bad one upfront but most of the time they are a lot better than you at hiding the facts.
    Surly shagging your significant other would be better than gym? + skip lunch and go home early

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Surly shagging your significant other would be better than gym? + skip lunch and go home early

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      "Surly shagging" - is that a bit like normal shagging but you try to look a bit miserable whilst doing it?
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        "Surly shagging" - is that a bit like normal shagging but you try to look a bit miserable whilst doing it?
        Also see: dictionary definition of marriage.

Comment

Working...
        X